Dilated pupils, rapid heart rate, sweaty hands, nervousness. There are times when the excitement is so intense that you can feel your bones will explode, if you know what we mean. These are all indicators of low male arousal.
For millennia there have been different and numerous medicines to help men achieve better arousal or improve the sexual experience. Aphrodisiacs are nothing new, and since immemorial times, both women and men have been using natural compounds to enhance their sex lives in different ways.
But what do cannabis and cannabis edibles have to do with all of this? Well, did you know that the right cannabis strain can actually boost arousal, increase sensitivity, sex drive, and help you have the best sex of your life?
This article will delve into how cannabis can boost your sexual health, the specific benefits it could bring you, and recommend some of the best edibles for male arousal.
Benefits of Using Cannabis for Sex
Cannabis is, without a doubt, one of the most controversial plants of this last century. However, thanks to the large number of benefits it can bring to human health, laws regarding its restriction will change almost worldwide. Nowadays, many people are using cannabis to treat an exponentially growing range of medical conditions, and sexual health is not out of this group.
The region of our brain responsible for regulating erectile functions is the hypothalamus, which is full of endocannabinoid receptors. Our body’s sexual organs and sexual tissue are also full of cannabinoid receptors. This means that cannabinoids can have a significant impact on the development of our sexual functions.
Although this issue is still subject to mixed opinions and information is needed to make concise claims, numerous studies and user reports suggest that cannabis can positively affect people’s sex lives. Some of the benefits mentioned in these studies and reports about using cannabis for sex are:
- Increase sex drive: Both scientific studies and user reports show that the use of cannabis could increase sexual desire.
- Enhance orgasm: Although it is not completely clear how or why, many users claim that cannabis increases the intensity of orgasms. This may be because cannabis increases sensitivity, especially when you use some Indica strains.
- Reduces discomfort: The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of cannabis can help in more ways than one to reduce any type of physical discomfort or pain, which can translate into a more pleasant sexual experience. In women, when consumed in the correct dose, the soothing qualities of cannabis do not affect lubrication in any way, which is very important for satisfactory sexual relations.
- More pleasurable sex: More than 60% of users in studies report a more pleasant sexual experience when using cannabis than those who had never tried it.
- Improves libido: Especially in patients who use prescription drugs, specifically anxiolytics, cannabis could be a great help since most of these prescribed drugs can tremendously affect libido and sexual desire. In older patients, a little cannabis can increase sexual desire and the frequency of sexual activity.
Nevertheless, we must highlight that each physiognomy can respond differently to cannabinoids. Therefore, the specific benefits that cannabis can bring may vary somewhat from person to person, depending on various factors. In conclusion, it is best to consult your doctor and test for yourself little by little what effects cannabis generates in your body to obtain the best results.
Cannabis and The Male Libido
Our body’s endocannabinoid system plays a crucial role in regulating functions such as homeostasis, relaxation, and pleasure in both men and women. When the cannabinoids in edibles or cannabis flowers we smoke activate this system, they relax us with increased satisfaction and decreased pain or physical discomfort. This kind of stimulation could lead to more intense arousal and make sex even more enjoyable. Besides that, some experts claim that people who use cannabis tend to have more and better sex because they put less pressure on themselves when high.
A study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine, conducted by Stanford University Medical Center assistant professor of urology Dr. Michael Eisenberg, may directly relate cannabis use to an increased libido. This study, which collects data from the National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG) of 28 thousand women and more than 23 thousand men, showed that men who had never used cannabis had sex with the regularity of 5.6 times in the four weeks before the interview. On the other hand, male cannabis users raise this figure to 6.9 on average.
In the case of women, the tendency continued and was even more prominent. Female cannabis users reported having sex 7.1 times compared to 6 times that non-cannabis users reported having in the previous four weeks before the survey. However, finding the best cannabis strain or edible to increase female arousal, same as in men, is a process of trial and error. The “best” option will always depend mainly on the needs or conditions of each user, regardless of gender.
The results of this study were the same regardless of marital status or race, directly linking cannabis use and increased sexual desire. Eisenberg’s studies on human and rodent models showed that cannabis use could generally increase arousal.
Nonetheless, these same studies showed that chronic cannabis abuse or use could decrease sperm count and, in some cases, make it difficult to reach orgasm. Although this study has good credibility, some professionals are not entirely satisfied with the applied variants.
Sexologist Nick Karras, author of “The Passionate High: A Guide to Using Cannabis For Better Sex and Creativity,” recommends experimenting with small amounts of Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid strains to see which one works best. In addition to this, the aphrodisiac properties of cannabis occur only in low to moderate doses, and things like the manner of intake can also play a significant role in the results.
For example, some experts recommend vaping or smoking cannabis, especially when learning how to use it. This way, the dose of cannabis you ingest and the effects are more manageable and controllable since you will experience them almost immediately, thus avoiding overshoot with edibles and running the risk of causing unsatisfactory situations.
On the other hand, if you consider yourself a bit more of a cannabis expert, including some cannabis edibles for male arousal could come in just as well as any strain. Most edibles come in well-specified dosages, and if you know your limits, experimenting with edibles to improve sex can put a highly pleasurable twist on your intimacy.
The psychoactive effects of THC create a high that could put you in the perfect mood to spice things up a bit. It is a fact that THC can stimulate creativity. Furthermore, the THC high could wipe away any trace of shyness which, added to the boost in creativity, could lead you to try new sexual positions with your partner that you may have never imagined when sober.
Apart from this, the THC high naturally stimulates communication, which can be very useful for intimacy. Communicating your preferences or curiosities can be vital to take your sexual encounters to another level.
While a little bit of delta 9 can put an exciting and pleasant spin on things, too much THC can have the opposite reaction to what you’re looking for. In some people, the use of THC-rich cannabis can elevate anxiety levels instead of mitigating them. We must remember that each body is unique and, for marijuana to act as a sexual enhancer, you must find the one that best works for you.
Of the more than 100 cannabinoids that cannabis contains, CBD seems to be the one that can bring the most benefits to our sexual life. In fact, many cannabis products specifically designed to enhance intimacy with a partner contain CBD, not THC. Products such as lubricants, creams, topicals, and of course, edibles for male arousal emphasize the anti-inflammatory and calming properties of CBD as a sexual enhancer.
CBD also increases blood circulation to the sexual tissues in the reproductive organs, which increases sensitivity and promotes the body’s natural lubrication. In addition to this, CBD helps promote relaxation for sex without experiencing the dryness that THC can cause.
Moreover, CBD is an enhancer of a neurotransmitter called anandamide, also known as the “cuddle hormone,” associated with oxytocin and happiness. Although CBD does not generate intoxicating effects, it can still put you in the right mood for romance without any of the discomforts that THC can cause in some cases. This is why many manufacturers of cannabis sex products include CBD, rather than THC, in their recipes or formulations.
Best Chocolate Edibles
Chocolate already enjoys certain fame as an aphrodisiac. Many people consider it a quintessential sexual enhancer, and they are correct since chocolate helps us release endorphins, which translates into an immediate feeling of well-being. In addition, chocolate also contains pleasure-releasing substances such as theobromine, phenylethylamine, and dopamine.
Now imagine that you add a little cannabis to all this combination of natural substances to stimulate pleasure. This is what we talk about when we refer to chocolate cannabis edibles. There are currently some chocolate cannabis products specifically designed to enhance sex; some of them are mixed with other aphrodisiac herbs or sexual enhancers to amplify the experience further. Here is a list of the best chocolate cannabis edibles currently:
- Green Roads CBD Dark Chocolate Bars: These dark chocolate bars are vegan-friendly and combine delicious artisan dark chocolate with 62% cocoa and 180mg of hemp-derived cannabinoid extracts delivered in doses of 15mg per piece.
- Dixie Birthday Cake White THC Chocolate Bar: This is a perfect option for those users looking to enjoy a mild THC high accompanied by a delicious flavor. Dixie Birthday Cake combines 8mg of THC with a delightful vanilla frosting flavor with just the right amount of sweetness and THC, not too strong and not too weak.
- Sensi Chew Amoré Aphrodisiac 50mg THC Chocolate: Sensi Chew Amoré is a small but powerful edible low-calorie chewy chocolate candy with THC. The total of the package contains 50 mg of THC distributed in servings of 5mg per piece. These edibles are perfect for sex enhancement. It is infused with cannabis and Tongkat Ali to enhance sexual desire and increase sexual stamina.
If you are the type of person who is more inclined to sweets like candies or gummies rather than chocolate, then you should know that there is also a world of edible possibilities available to you to improve sex. There are many brands of cannabis-infused gummies currently available on the market. To choose the right one for you, you must first lay your foundations. What do you think is your ideal dose? Do you prefer gummies with THC, CBD, or both?
Whatever your preferences are, here’s a list of the best edibles for male arousal in the form of tasty gummies:
Botany Farms Delta-9 THC Gummies: These delicious watermelon-flavored gummies are loaded with therapeutic power. Each gummy contains 10mg of THC and 14mg of CBD to balance the recipe. In conclusion, you will have one of the most balanced, complete, and completely legal edibles with the highest THC and CBD currently available on the market.
Delta-8 Gummies: This product can be for more experienced cannabis users since it carries a high content of Delta-8 THC of 30mg and 2mg of Delta-9 THC. These delicious Delta-8 THC gummies come with an exquisite tropical flavor blend of peach, pineapple, and mango. Due to the power of this edible, we recommend starting with a dose of 1/2 gummy and seeing how the high evolves to find the best dose for you.
Botany’s CBD Gummies: These broad-spectrum hemp oil-infused gummies are a true winning deal for users looking to experience all the benefits of cannabis without the THC high. Each of these gummies contains 25mg of CBD combined with delicious natural fruits flavors and all the therapeutic power you could spect from a high-quality CBD gummy.
Without a doubt, ingesting cannabis is a great way to obtain the benefits of this plant to improve sexual experiences. However, cannabinoids can also act on a topical level and could actually make you and your partner experience new horizons of pleasure.
Some cannabis-infused topicals are specially designed to enhance sexual activity and offer users new and pleasurable experiences. Lubricants such as balms and ointments can increase blood flow to some erogenous regions, improve and increase sensitivity, sexual response, and enhance orgasms. Some of the best cannabis-infused topicals currently available are:
- Quim Night Moves: This is a lubricant based on essential oil of various aphrodisiac herbs such as Damiana, tea tree, and of course cannabis, which will give you stimulation and an unforgettable sexual experience that your partner will love as much as you will. Not only this, but it will also keep any infection or fungus at bay due to the antiseptic and antifungal properties of these oils.
- Foria Weed Lube: Foria is a sensual-enhancing lubricant made from cannabis oil and coconut oil that will undoubtedly make you understand what mind-blowing really means. This lubricant can increase blood flow, improve sensitivity and make orgasms more intense and prolonged just by applying a few strokes to your erogenous zones and those of your partner.
- CBD 3-in-1 Massage Candle: Without a doubt one of the hottest topics on the list, literally. This cannabis topical takes the meaning of romantic to a whole new level. This is a sex-enhancing CBD 3-in-1 Massage Candle that combines the romance of candlelight with the exhilaration of massage oil. Each candle contains 60mg of CBD that transforms into an exciting topical CBD oil as it melts.