A weed grinder is one of the most important devices a modern smoker needs in their toolset. Having ground weed for joints or bowls is absolutely vital to having a great smoking experience.
Choosing a good grinder will spare you the painstaking and sticky process of picking apart your weed nugs by hand. Grinders often come with multiple parts and contain several chambers to separate the ground weed from the kief sometimes. They work by crushing, cutting or slicing up your herb into smaller pieces. This is important because it allows you to increase the surface area of your cannabis flower, which makes it better for burning or vaporization.
In this guide, we will walk you through the best grinders for weed, and how to find one that meets your needs to make the most out of your herb.
Here at Botany Farms, we grow some premium hemp flower. Why not give it a grind?
Types of Weed Grinders
If you have ever walked into a smoke shop or ever looked for weed grinders on the internet, you are probably familiar with the wide variety of grinders currently available. The most common style of grinder is the multi-piece one, which uses several pieces that connect to create an area for grinding and storing. Many smokers find these grinders to be the most useful for the extra storing space, which can vary depending on the size and diameter.
For a better understanding of how each of these weed grinders work, we are going to take a look at the different types of weed grinders available, including everything from graters to acrylic to some with really elaborate electronic designs available on the market right now for creating a better and more comfortable smoking experience.
There are 3 things you should consider when choosing the best weed grinder for you.
- Compartments: Many grinders come in several tiers of layers. A multi-piece grinder often contains a compartment for kief, while the two-piece grinder simply just grinds your herb without separating it from the pollen, which often ends up stuck to the walls and teeth of your grinder.
- Size: Portability and the amount of herb you can grind depend on size. A large grinder can store and grind more weed at the time. However, this can make your grinder a bit uncomfortable and heavy to carry around.
- Material: Last but still very important, you must choose a grinder that is made of the material that better suits your needs or preferences. Grinders are made from several different types of materials, from acrylic to aluminum, or anodized metals. Most people prefer a metal grinder for its durability and effectiveness.
Best Metal Weed Grinders
Metal grinders are by far some of the most effective grinders available. They carry strong, metal teeth that will easily tear through your dense buds, and they are also easy to use.
Furthermore, they are durable, which makes them a great investment. You won’t need to worry about throwing it in a bag, since it will only receive a few scratches. Below, there are two of the best metal weed grinders explained.
- KLIP – HØJ: Taking the grinding experience to higher levels, the incredible KLIP and KLIPmini 4 chamber grinder are one of the latest technologies on grinders. With an incredible blade system that won’t crush your weed, it will create a fluffy ground cannabis, perfect your any smoking session. Moreover, you can easily change its parts, as they stick together by a sophisticated earth magnet system.
- Kannastör: This is a mix-and-match marvel with extra storage options, two removable screens, and the option to break the grinder down into a more portable size. Better yet, it comes with two interchangeable grater plates so you can pick your coarseness fine or medium. Made with hardened aluminum in a matte design that looks real nice and it’s really resistant and durable at the same time. The small, sharp teeth inside the Kannastör Gr8tr V2 tear through cannabis smoothly without binding, dropping the finest and fluffiest material.
Best Wood Weed Grinders
Wooden grinders usually just feature 2 pieces; a lid and a grinder, which usually features metal teeth that resemble nails. However, these teeth aren’t very sharp, which makes it difficult for users to grind dense nugs.
After much use, wooden grinders become hard to twist. In addition, they don’t usually have a kief collector, meaning you will be losing all the strong trichomes of your buds. In case you are more fond of airy, fluffy nugs, you can still use a wood weed grinder. Here are some of the best choices for you:
- Magic Flight: If you are looking for a beautifully carved, wooden grinder, then the Magic Flight grinder is definitely the best option for you. This incredible wooden weed grinder is part of a Launch Box vape kit, fitting snugly over the opening of the vape so you can transfer freshly ground weed bud without making a mess.
- 2pc Wood Herb Grinder: This grinder can slide into any pocket and is great for traveling. Its smooth wood finish on both sides makes it very smooth to the touch. This small wood herb grinder is the perfect tool to grind up dried herbs into smoke-able content. The piece measures 2 inches in diameter, has a magnetic lid, and very sharp metal teeth to grind your cannabis flower.
Best Acrylic Weed Grinders
These are the cheapest option for smokers on a budget, and are extremely easy to find at any head shop. They generally come in 2 or 3-part models, the latter featuring a kief compartment.
Because their teeth are made from plastic, they quickly lose their edge, making it hard for them to actually cut through your buds. This is one of the reasons why it isn’t a good investment if you are a frequent smoker. On the other hand, you could benefit from some of the best acrylic weed grinders if you are just starting your smoking journey.
- Medtainer Smell Proof Grinder Jar: Medtainers are made from medical grade plastic that is perfect for on the go discreet containers. This way, the storage, grinding and pouring process gets made easier. Additionally, it is versatile in its design and its portability, and it is also airtight, watertight, and smell proof.
- Smoke Tokes Acrylic 2 Part 2.0″ Grinder: This is a piece you can easily take wherever you want for smoking on the go. The 2 piece acrylic grinder from Smoke Tokes is one of the most ideal acrylic grinders available. Its simple design maximizes herb potency without the hassle. Available in vivid colors, these grinders are an essential piece if you are looking for a smooth grinding experience, allowing you to see how your herbs are grinding without exposing those sensitive ingredients to skin, oil, or oxygen.