There is no better way to chill and enjoy a good relaxing day in summer than by pouring a glass of your favorite drink. If you are into cocktails and cannabis, why not having the best of both worlds? Learn with us how to make a CBD cocktail.
CBD Cocktail Recipe
- ¼ cup of raw honey, agave syrup or organic sugar
- ¼ cup of fresh or dried lavender blossoms
- 4 ounces of your favorite vodka or gin
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon
- CBD oil
- ¼ cup of crushed ice or six ice cubes
- Cocktail shaker
- Medium saucepan
- Mesh strainer
- Mason jar or martini glasses
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Total Time: 15 minutes.
How To Make a CBD Lavender Cocktail
- Pour ¾ cups of water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat. Mix in honey and lavender and let the syrup cool completely for up to 15 minutes or longer if you want a more robust lavender flavor and color.
- Then, strain through a fine-mesh strainer. (Keeping the syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator can make it last for up to 10 days.)
- While the syrup cools, place 2 cups or martini glasses in the freezer.
- Combine the syrup, vodka or gin, lemon juice, CBD, and ice in a large cocktail shaker. Close the shaker tightly and wrap a kitchen towel around it to prevent any spilling. Shake until chilled and add a cup of cold water.
- Serve in a mason jar or serve straight into the cocktail glasses you placed before in the freezer to get a nice and cold drink for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
- Lastly, garnish with small slices of lemon, lemon peel, or sprinkle a few lavender flowers on top.
Alcohol-free CBD Cocktail Recipe
You can’t drink alcohol? Well, that is not a problem! You can still make a nice CBD cocktail with just an adjustment of ingredients. All you have to do is leave the alcohol out. At this point, you can use these options: tea or sparkling water.
Some people may find CBD tea the easiest way to prepare it, but other options are also available depending on your preferences. Once you get the hang of this easy recipe, you can experiment and switch or add new ingredients, to try different flavors according to what you like.
Although CBD oil does not dissolve in water easily, you can still make the cocktail with it with no problems. However, it is recommendable to use a CBD water-soluble tincture so you can get the full effects and benefits that CBD offers.