CBD topicals are increasingly becoming one of the most common forms of using CBD. CBD creams, for example, not only work rapidly to offer targeted relief from conditions such as chronic pain and inflammation, but they are also excellent for a number of different skin conditions.
These days, natural skincare is a hot issue too and for obvious reasons. The skin represents the first line of environmental protection as it is the largest organ in the body. Furthermore, it gives the body the ability to sense temperature while protecting us from potentially harmful bacteria and pathogens. People suffering from skin problems such as acne and eczema have noticed that CBD works just as well, if not better, as conventional skin creams formulated for the same conditions.
Surprisingly, it is easy to make your own lotions and creams. You can have a fresh batch of your very own infused topicals within an hour after a little planning. Just follow this easy to follow step-by-step guide below to make your own CBD cream.
CBD Cream Recipe
- Glass container (preferably dark)
- Double boiler
- ¾ Essential oils of your choice (optional)
- ¼ Cup distilled water
- 1 oz. Beeswax (or soy wax if you prefer)
- 3 grams of your chosen hemp flower (much better if it has a high percentage of CBD)
Before we start with the recipe, we need to decarb our hemp flower. In case you don’t have an idea what we are talking about, here we will explain to you what it is and how to do it correctly.
First, prior to making hemp flower edibles, tinctures, and extractions, decarbing is a necessary step. But why exactly is this process important? Decarbing transforms CBDa into CBD which is the compound we need to activate for the cream.
Decarbing is achieved by heating the flower for a prolonged period of time at a relatively low temperature. A simple method that can be done in your kitchen.
Estimated time: 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven around 230-260 Fahrenheit.
- Grind your CBD hemp flower. Break it up into really small bits with your fingers if you don’t have a grinder and use a credit card (or a similar sharp object) to cut the pieces even smaller.
- Spread the chopped flower uniformly on a baking tray on a parchment sheet, making a very thin layer.
- Place the baking tray on the center rack in your oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven carefully and leave to cool. Right then, you should have an absolutely dried out the hemp flower with a brown-like color. Also, the flower should smell toasty and crumble quickly between your fingers.
Now your hemp flower is decarboxylated and ready to eat, create CBD oil, etc. We will use it in our cream this time. Follow the next steps to have a wonderful CBD cream.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with an inch or two of water. Let the water boil so you can use the vapor to melt the wax.
- Now, heat oil and beeswax together on top of the double boiler until wax melts, whipping carefully with the spoon.
- Add the decarbed flower and stir well over low heat until fully incorporated. Watch out for lumps and prevent the mix from scorching.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once you let it cool down a bit, add the essential oils of your choosing.
- Add water slowly until your cream has the perfect consistency. The less water you use the thicker it gets (more like a salve).
- Adding more water will result in a lotion texture, so pour the water slowly if you want the perfect cream consistency.
- Once the mix is ready, pour it into the glass recipient or several recipients -it’s up to you. The only thing to have into account is to use dark ones to preserve them longer. Use the spatula so no product is left in the boiler.
Total time spent: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Note: You will probably have about 300 to 500 gr. of cream at the end of the recipe. Therefore, make sure you have a recipient big enough to store your cream, or several small bottles.
When you are ready, try your home-made cream, applying liberally to the affected regions where you feel pain. Rub in until fully absorbed. Use as much as you think it is necessary, and immediately cease if there is any irritation or allergic reaction.
Hopefully you will have CBD cream for a couple months ,and don’t worry about its effectiveness expiring. Normally, CBD products last about 12 to 24 months if you store it correctly in a cool, dark place, away from potentially damaging factors like extreme temperatures.
CBD Cream Benefits
Within your body, CBD cream could have many advantages, but it also works on the surface. Cannabis is a smart addition to homemade skincare products with solid antioxidants and calming properties. Think about it when you plan to make your own homemade pain cream or if you just want to enjoy the benefits of the anti-aging nature of CBD. In fact, a U.S. government-held patent states that cannabinoids such as CBD can be more potent antioxidants than vitamins C and E.
CBD has the power to fight back environmental factors like climate, pollution, UV radiation, and harsh beauty routines. These external variables can cause skin damage over time, leading to sunspots, redness, acne, and all-around wear and tear. As a consequence, our skin experiences extrinsic aging.
With the time, researchers keep discovering more of the potential this cannabinoid has, more properties to improve your quality of life naturally and effortlessly at low cost. The list of reasons to welcome CBD into your routine continues. Now, not only for your health but to take care of your appearance too. Don’t be afraid of giving it a try. It doesn’t imply a large investment and probably you will end up loving the results anyway.