As it is known that CBD has a lot of benefits for humans, the latest research has shown that CBD can also be beneficial to our furry friends. One of the last studies on this subject has suggested that CBD may be able to alleviate anxiety, discomfort, arthritis, inflammation, and pain for dogs. That’s why many dog owners have begun to learn how to do their own CBD dog treats.
If you are looking for the latest and most delicious CBD hemp flower dog treat recipe, you have come to the right place. These exquisite peanut butter hemp dank doggie biscuits can help your dog in many ways. Want to join the team? Here is a really easy and delicious step by step recipe you can do at the comfort of your house.
Peanut Butter and Hemp Dank Doggie Biscuits
- Large bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Metal cookie baking tray
- 1 cup of raw CBD hemp flower
- 1 cup of dry oatmeal
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
CBD dog treat recipe
Serving size – ½ to 1 depending on the cutting size
Prep time – 1 hour and 30 minutes
Cooking time – 40 minutes cookies baking time
Total time – 2 hours and 10 minutes
Before starting to mix all the ingredients, you will have to decarb your hemp flower. This step is necessary to activate the cannabinoids of your CBD buds.
- Preheat your oven to 220F.
- Grind your CBD hemp flower. If you do not have a grinder, you can use a knife or your fingers. Make sure it is not very fine.
- Spread your ground hemp flower out onto a cookie sheet creating a very thin layer.
- Place the cookie sheet in your oven on a middle rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. The hemp flower should look brownish and feel dry to the touch. It should also crumble when rolled in your fingers.
Now that you have decarbed your hemp flower, you can begin to make your dog treats.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Place the decarbed hemp flower, water, and oatmeal in a blender and mix on high until the mixture is pulverized.
- In a separate large bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the wet pulverized mixture, peanut butter, and the beaten egg to your flour mixture, and stir together until it begins to get homogeneous.
- Pour your mixture onto a floured surface and knead by hand until everything is well combined. This should take around 5 to 7 minutes. Add additional flour as necessary. You want this mixture to be the texture of a roll-out cookie dough.
- On a floured surface, roll out the mixture to a thickness of about 1/4″.
- Cut out biscuits using a small or medium dog cookie cutter or use a pizza cutter and cut into small squares. Use a fork to make holes in the dog bones. This is to vent out any of the steam created and keep your biscuits fairly flat.
- Place these cutouts on an ungreased cookie sheet. This is really really important because you don’t need extra oil since the hemp flower will release its own oils.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When your biscuits are done, remove them from the oven and cool on a baking rack.
For short term storage, you can place the cooled biscuits in a sealed container and keep them in your fridge for up to 2 weeks. However, for a little longer-term storage place in a sealed container in your freezer. These will be good for about 4 months.
To store them long term without refrigeration will require a few more steps. You will have to place your cooked dog treats in a food dehydrator for about 48 hours or until there is no residual moisture remaining in the biscuit. The trapped moisture will cause mold so break open one or two of the biscuits to see if the center has been fully dehydrated. Once you’ve removed all of the moisture, these can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature and will last for a very long time.
Now that you know how to make these delicious CBD hemp flower treats for your dog, you can use these for pain relief, to relieve canine anxiety, and to calm your dogs during fireworks celebrations, thunderstorms, and when you are going to the groomer or on a long ride. This is a much natural way to pet your dog and give him many other nutrients that you wouldn’t normally find in other dog treats.