Cannabis is good in all its forms, but hard candies may be one of the best ways of consuming it. Whether it is purchased or homemade, the properties you get to enjoy are a small dose, fast absorption, and discretion.
While CBD gummies are far more popular than other edibles like CBD hard candies, the latter is just as potent, delicious, and practical. That is why we have prepared this article to help you learn more about CBD hard candy.
CBD Hard Candy Benefits
The goal is to settle on a dose that delivers the most therapeutic benefits with minor adverse effects. Consuming CBD in small quantities throughout the day keeps the effects going on for longer than when taking a large single dose that wears off after three or four hours.
The cannabinoids contained in hard candies absorb quickly and much faster compared with other edibles, as long as the hard candy is sucked on and not chewed and swallowed. Besides, if it is your first experience with cannabis, the best way to start is with candies and recipes like this one that has the lowest dose possible, which is under five milligrams.
CBD Hard Candy Effects
Because you absorb CBD-infused hard candy sublingually, CBD does not undergo digestion and does not interfere with the total absorption or bioavailability. As a result, CBD can provide longer-lasting relief due to the gradual release, which allows you to experience the effects longer.
Among the many effects, CBD hard candy has, you will find relaxation and clarity are the most prominent ones. CBD allows you to unwind and feel grounded without the psychoactive, euphoric effects of THC.
In case you have insomnia, you will find it easier to sleep after a proper dose of CBD hard candy. People who suffer from anxiety or depression will also see a decrease in their symptoms.
How to Make CBD Hard Candy
It is no secret that CBD is not cheap, and if you are someone who uses it as a daily remedy, you will have to spend a good part of your budget on quality products.
Follow this easy and tasty recipe to make CBD hard candies and enjoy them whenever and wherever you want! Something you should take into account before making these candies is that temperature is everything, even in a simple recipe like this one. Wait until your candy mixture cools down to degrees so you do not kill the beneficial compounds of CBD.
- 25-50 mg/2-3 tablespoons of cannabis tincture (or as desired).
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 500 ml/ 2 cups of water
- ½ tablespoons of raspberry, orange, lime, or vanilla extract (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Candy thermometer
- Glass bowl
- Large saucepan/pot
- Candy mold or baking tray
If you do not have mold, simply create a layer of icing sugar by spreading it on a pan. Create dents in the icing sugar the size you want to make the candy into, and you have your candy mold.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- In a bowl, combine sugar, syrup, and water.
- Transfer it to a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the candy thermometer in the pot and let the mixture boil.
- Slowly stir until the mixture reaches 250° F and the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Stop stirring and let the mixture reach approximately 300° F.
- Once this happens, pour in the cannabis tincture, food coloring, and flavor extract. Stir until combined.
- When the mixture reaches 310° F, remove the thermometer and the pot from the heat and pour it into the candy molds or baking sheet. You have to do this as fast as possible because it sets extremely quickly. Remember, hot sugar burns, so be careful.
-If the hard candies are cloudy or foamy looking: once the mixture is taken off the heat, let it sit for 30 seconds until all foam has gone down before pouring into molds.
- Let it cool at room temperature. Do not place the candy in the freezer or refrigerator. It will harden once it cools.
- Once the hard candy has cooled, you can lightly coat them in icing sugar to prevent them from sticking to each other when packaged.
- Store them in a glass or metal container in a cool, dry place.
Serving: 50 candies
Calories: 44 kcal.
It is as simple as that! Anyone can make this recipe with simple ingredients you have at home. Base ingredients are CBD, sugar, corn syrup, and water. When you have mastered the base quantities, you can get creative and add more flavors and hues.
Hard candies are an easy way to administer a dose of medical cannabis without smoking or vaping. It is a very discreet way of ingesting cannabis with no smell or paraphernalia needed. The best part is that it is easy to carry, and you can keep it in your pocket, purse, or desk drawer and dose on the go.
Be mindful of the dosage in the candy, and although it is unlikely that cannabis-infused hard candies will knock you off your feet, it can happen. Maybe you made the candies larger than usual, or perhaps it was not evenly mixed. Always try one hard candy and wait for the peak of effects at two hours, then take more if needed. If you need more help dosing CBD, you can read our guide on CBD dosing.