While honey itself is a delicious, sweet creation of nature, it lacks a kick to make your morning coffee or your favorite muffins a more interesting experience after some time. Fortunately, you can add CBD to basically anything, and it will give you all the properties it has while adding sweetness to your day.
Below, we want to share with you a simple CBD-infused honey recipe that will blend this gold liquid with delicious pine, citrus, and herbal notes for a change.
If you’re looking for high CBD flower for this recipe, give Botany Farms a try!
CBD Honey Recipe
Making CBD honey is one of the best ways to get your daily dose of CBD without vaping or smoke, methods that can harm your lungs or simply not be very convenient for some situations. Brownies and cookies are some of the most common edibles you can find, but honey can be added to almost anything, turning a simple salad into a whole new experience.
- 5 grams of top-shelf, high CBD flower (we recommend using Hawaiian Haze for its Sativa profile and fruity flavors, or Sour Space Candy for ripe berries and piney flavors combined with Hybrid balance)
- 1 cup honey
- Fine-mesh strainer
- Double boiler
- Glass jar
Cook time: 3 hours
Total time: 3 hours
Calories: 140 kcal
Servings: 1 cup
- Decarb your flower to activate the CBD in it. For this, preheat your oven to 220F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your ground buds over the parchment and bake for 30 minutes until the flower looks toasted.
- Add your buds and honey into a double boiler on low heat and infuse for 2 hours at 185F. This mixture should never boil.
- Strain the honey with your strainer without squeezing, as bad-tasting plant material can get through your CBD-infused honey.
- Store your honey in a cool, dark area. It will last for up to two months.
Now, you have finished this delicious CBD-infused honey recipe, and you can add it to your glorious cup of coffee in the morning or make some edibles with it. However, don’t indulge in this cannahoney, as edibles will make the effects of CBD last longer. While this compound is not intoxicating, you can still experience some side effects, like fatigue or diarrhea, if you consume it in excess. We think that around ¼ to ½ teaspoon is perfect for making you feel the wonderful effects of CBD without overwhelming your senses.