On a bright, hot day, one of the best ways to freshen up is to make a batch of delicious fruity popsicles. However, we can always add a twist to cool down while also enjoying the relaxing summer vibe.
You’ve already heard of CBD brownies and cookies. Now we want to take you one step further to show you that this compound goes well with just about anything. Read on to follow this recipe for CBD popsicles.
If you are looking for for CBD tincture for this recipe, give Botany Farms a try!
Why is everyone adding CBD to their food? Although it is most common to take CBD oil or even smoke CBD flower, the truth is that there is more versatility and discretion when added to food. Additionally, people who want the effects of CBD to last longer in their body may find more benefits in consuming it in edibles, as it is the stomach and liver that process this cannabinoid. As a result, it stays longer in the body while the digestion process takes place (between six and eight hours).
While research on CBD’s benefits is still recent, many studies hint that it has several properties that can bring health to our body and mind. Among them, we can find:
- Antioxidant effects
- Pain reliever
- Nausea suppressant
For all these reasons, many people have decided to start taking CBD to complement their current treatment. Still, it is important to know that the FDA doesn’t list CBD as a medication (except for Epidiolex). We recommend you stay away from any Cannabidiol product marketed as a medication or supplement.
CBD Popsicles Recipe
Before following this CBD popsicles recipe, you need to assess how much CBD oil you will need. We recommend using a low dosage if you are just starting to take CBD. While it doesn’t generate dangerous side effects, it is still important to give your body time to adapt to its effects.
Follow this CBD oil recipe first if you want to make your CBD oil from scratch to know how much Cannabidiol it will have.
Servings: 6 popsicles
- Popsicles molds
- Popsicle sticks
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 kiwis, peeled
- 3 cups seedless watermelon
- ½ tsp unflavored CBD oil
- ½ cups coconut milk
Step by Step
- Scoop the watermelon flesh into the blender or food processor. Then, add the kiwis and purée until the fruit turns into juice. You may need to add a splash of water for the fruit to blend easily.
- Use a strainer to discard the pulp and pour the liquid over a mason jar.
- Add the juice back into the blender and add the CBD oil, lime juice, and coconut milk. The latter will allow the oil to bind to the milk’s fat to ensure your CBD oil blends perfectly and works just right.
- Blend on high for 10 to 15 seconds and make sure the mix is homogenous.
- Pour the mix into the necessary popsicle molds. Then, insert the popsicle sticks and take them to the freezer.
- The next day, take your CBD popsicles out and enjoy these chilling treats with your friends or family.
Remember to wait at least an hour before having another CBD popsicle, as the effects will take some time to kick in. If you think the dose wasn’t high enough, next time, you can add 0.5mg more than the previous CBD popsicle recipe until you hit the right dosage for you.