Cannabidiol is gaining momentum in the health and wellness world as a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments, such as chronic pain, seizures, anxiety, depression, acne, and heart disease. It is better known as CBD, and it is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, which seeds serve to make hemp seed oil that you can use for cooking.
Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, making it perfect for those who want an appealing option for relief from pain and other symptoms without the mind-altering effects of marijuana or certain pharmaceutical drugs.
Whatever your reason is, if you currently take CBD daily, there are several creative ways of consuming it; one of these is through edibles. If you’re new to edibles, this no-bake recipe is excellent for beginners and the perfect match for a CBD oil infusion. Most people know Rice Crispy Treats as one iconic sweet snack that has prevailed as a traditional staple confection for many Americans through the years. These crispy, gooey, and delicious treats won’t cause the sensation of getting “high.” Instead, CBD rice crispy treats will deliver all the benefits of cannabis, perfect for work or for taking an hour or so before “bedtime” to drift off more effortless than ever before.
Take your daily dose of chill through your favorite childhood treat. Let’s learn how to make CBD Rice Crispy Treats.
CBD Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Snack Cuisine: American
Servings: 12 Portions
Nutrition: Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol:10mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar:10g Vitamin A: 118IU | Calcium: 1mg| Iron: 1mg
- Stir Stick
- Double boiler
- 9×13-inch pan
- Parchment paper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal (or gluten-free Rice Krispies Cereal)
- CBD isolate
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate, strawberry, or butterscotch syrup (optional)
For this recipe, the most likely ingredient that you don’t have in your kitchen is CBD isolate, which is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, and then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil. You can make your own at home using decarboxylated CBD flowers. To learn how to make it, you can follow this recipe on making CBD olive oil, and replacing the olive oil with butter or coconut oil for a sweeter taste.
To make this recipe, you will need to make CBD infused butter first. It’s quick and simple to make if you already have the CBD isolated oil.
Skip this part if you decide to follow the CBD olive oil recipe.
Making CBD Infused Butter
We highly recommend calculating the potency before making the recipe. The CBD oil package should have serving guides. Measure the mg of CBD isolate you are going to use when infusing it with the butter.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water and bring it to a boil. Once it’s boiling, turn the heat on low and add the butter to the double boiler’s top half.
- Stir until the butter melts. Then, add the CBD isolate. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes to ensure the isolate is thoroughly blended. Make sure the butter never comes to a boil.
An alternative way to easily measure your dosage is by using a scale. Aim to use a minimum of 0.1g, which is equivalent to 100mg of CBD.
How to Make CBD Rice Crispy Treats
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment using your non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add the melted CBD-infused butter.
- Add in the miniature marshmallows and stir until they melt and blend with the butter.
- Keep stirring the mixture constantly for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt immediately.
- Next, add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until the grain looks all well-coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the previously prepared baking pan with a buttered spatula, spreading the mix evenly to fit into a 9×13-inch pan.
- Press down very gently. If you compact it with force, your treats will be thin and hard.
- Set for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- Once cooled, cut into twelve 2×2 inch squares and enjoy. You can set it aside for up to one day.
Note: CBD Rice Crispy treats may be slightly bitter. A quick solution to that is adding a drizzle of chocolate, strawberry, or butterscotch sauce across the top. You can also try to flavor your CBD oil to increase the sweetness of your final product.
Do you want to know a straightforward way to achieve this delicious recipe? Use a microwave instead of a stove to make CBD rice crispy treats.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat CBD-infused butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, stir until smooth.
- Follow steps 5-7 above.
Note: Microwave cooking times may vary.
To preserve your CBD Rice Crispy Treats, cover them tightly, and store leftover treats in layers between sheets of parchment or wax paper inside an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in a freezer container for six weeks. In case you need to freeze, remember to thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.