If you don’t want to be the person that drops the joint or causes it to burn unevenly, then it’s time to learn how to hold a joint. Joints are a staple of the smoking community and a simple way to get all the noteworthy effects and benefits of cannabis. However, many people wonder if there is a protocol to follow when smoking a joint? The answer is both yes and no.
The best thing about cannabis is that, honestly, there are no rules. Of course, there are some simple tips and tricks to having a more pleasant smoking experience.
Variety is the spice of life. While there is no right way to hold a joint, you should always be cautious. After all, you don’t want to be the person who drops the weed in front of all your friends.
The most common way to hold a joint is by simply grasping it between your thumb and index finger. If you are a beginner, you may want to stick to this method for a while. Holding your joint this way makes it easier to pass it, which is an important step to follow when smoking with others.
However, if you want to step up your smoking game, there are many other ways to hold a joint. You can even observe how your friends hold their joints, to come up with your very own technique. Here are some different ways to hold a joint that will definitely make a difference:
- Between your index and middle finger: the classic cigarette way will have you looking like an elegant smoker. After a few tokes, many cannabis smokers find themselves holding their joint like a ciggie, which may be weird at first, but ultimately makes you look classy.
- Cover it: if you are taking a walk while smoking, you may want to avoid going through lighting a joint again because of the wind. A nice way to hold your joint when walking is to pinch it between your thumb and index, then conceal it in your cupped hand. This way, the cherry will still ignite and your joint will be protected from the wind.
- The thumb, index, and middle finger combo: pinching your joint between your thumb and index finger is much better when you use your middle finger to maintain the plane of your joint. This way, it will be in line with your mouth, making it more comfortable to hold.
- Chillum style: slide the joint between the knuckles of your index and middle fingers. Then, use your free palm to cover the bottom of your curled hand. Then, inhale the smoke that goes up from there. This is a nice way to hold a joint if you don’t want your lips on it.
- No hands: Placing the joint in the inside of your mouth and puff is only a movement that brave smokers can ace. This method is efficient if you can’t use your hands during the few seconds it takes to inhale your joint.
Of course, there are many other ways in which consumers like to hold their joints. It is all a matter of experience. If you already know how to smoke a joint, this will be a piece of cake. Just try different methods to hold a joint until you find one you feel comfortable with.
If you are new to cannabis and still need some time to learn all the basics about rolling and smoking a joint, you may want to start small. If you like smoking joints but haven’t mastered the art of rolling them, Botany Farms offers a wide selection of pre-rolls. These premium joints are perfect for enjoying on the go. You can learn how to hold a joint by using our selection of pre-rolls, so that next time you go to a party, you don’t look like a newbie anymore.