Aromatherapy has been around for centuries, and it is well known that different aromas evoke certain emotions and thoughts. Moreover, candles create a mystical look and serene atmosphere in any room, becoming an important home decoration element.
You are probably familiar with scented or aromatherapy candles, but did you know that there are also CBD candles to lift your stress away?
Cannabis or hemp candles are an exciting new addition to CBD’s plethora of uses. They are made of 100% wholesome organic ingredients. Most are made with a blend of distilled oil that contains terpenes, which produces the characteristic scent and flavor of your favorite cannabis strain.
You can find them available on the market as CBD oil-infused candles or with cannabis essential oil. The difference between these two is that CBD-infused candles don’t actually smell like cannabis at all. Both kinds of candles will turn any place into a peaceful and even sensual atmosphere while physically providing relief from inflammation, arthritis, muscle spasms, and pain management. Some studies suggest that CBD can even help protect nerve cells from damage caused by inflammation or trauma.
If you want to light up a particular strain aroma, you are looking for cannabis essential oil candles. When lit, its aroma amplifies its therapeutic effect, relieving stress and anxiety while lowering blood pressure and promoting healthy sleep patterns. Marijuana has been used as incense throughout history by many religions, allowing its users to go into a deep meditation state and make them feel in a peaceful environment.
Another exciting thing about CBD-infused candles is that after you lit them, they create a free-flowing wax that you can perfectly use as a moisturizing lubricant to massage deep tissues. It also reduces prostaglandin levels in the body, making it ideal for women suffering from menstrual pain, cramps, and inflammation.
If you love candles, aromatherapy, and CBD, you will learn step by step how to make CBD candles in this guide.
How to Make CBD candles
- Large glass mason jar
- Hemp wick
- 1 pound soy wax
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 ounce CBD isolate
- Hot glue gun
- Oven mitts
- Double boiler
- Food thermometer
- Use your glue gun to attach your hemp wick to the bottom of your mason jar. Make sure you are centering it properly and leave a small quantity on the top to light it. Keep in mind that you will trim the wick later on, so you want to make sure it’s long enough.
- Melt the soy wax and organic coconut oil in a double boiler at medium-low heat.
- Secure the wick by using the cardstock. Cut it bigger than the mason jar top and make a hole in the middle of the card. This way, you will be able to pour the wax into the jar easily. The wick should now be suspended perpendicular to the bottom of the jar.
- When the wax is melted, allow it to cool to 120°F, and use your food thermometer to gauge the temperature throughout the process.
- Add your CBD oil to the wax and blend it as evenly as possible before moving on.
- Slowly pour the CBD wax into the mason jar, keeping a firm grip on the wick to hold it in place. For this purpose, you can tie the wick to chopsticks or pencils.
- Don’t pull on your wick, and make sure to leave about 1 cm space from the top of the jar.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 4 hours and trim the wick down to about ½ inch.
You can also use terpene extracts to provide delightful aromatic notes to your candle.
Now you can decorate your jar. After use, you can take some melted wax and give yourself an oil body massage or soothe yourself with the aromatic pleasure of essential oils.