It does not matter how you drink it; tea is an explosion of flavors for the palate. You can enjoy it in different flavors and presentations and benefit from the various effects it has on your body.
CBD tea, also known as hemp tea, is the best way to get your daily dose of cannabidiol in a relaxing beverage, relieving anxiety, pain, and other ailments. If you want to maximize the effects of the cannabidiol compounds, then adding cream or milk helps the CBD molecules cling to the fat and helps your body process them better.
Before learning how to make CBD tea, you need to have a binding agent. Given that CBD is not water-soluble, it will need to blend with other chemicals to bind to your bloodstream. This agent absorbs the CBD and carries it to the places in your body where it does not usually go. This way, CBD will get to your brain and display its effects.
Some binding agents are fats and alcohol, such as coconut oil, coconut milk, butter, whole milk, or rum. It is recommendable to use cannabis butter or cannabis oil as your binding agent to have a complete experience.
How To Make Your Own CBD Tea
- CBD hemp nugs
- Tea Infuser
- Pot for boiling water
- Loose tea or a teabag
- Binding agent
CBD Hemp Flower Tea Recipe
First, you need to decarboxylate your buds to activate all the medicinal properties in them. It is very simple to do so.
- Preheat the oven to 240° F/ 115° C.
- Grind the weed into small pieces, making sure they do not overlap on the pan.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until it turns golden.
- Lastly, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
Now that you have this ready, you can start with the recipe for the tea.
- Add water to a pot or a kettle, heat it on a stove, and wait for it to boil.
- Measure the binding agent you will use.
- If you choose butter or coconut oil, measure ½ teaspoon per cup of water.
- If you choose whole mil or coconut mil, measure 2 ½ tablespoons per cup of water.
- If you choose an alcohol agent, skip this step as it needs to be added later to not boil off in the process.
- Use a grinder to grind the nugs, or if you do not have one, you can use a kitchen knife and chop it up finely.
- Pour the mixture into the boiling water for 10 minutes and stir frequently.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add the alcohol if chosen as the binding agent; add one tablespoon per cup of water.
- Lastly, pour the CBD tea mix through a coffee filter to separate the liquids from the solid plants.
Preparing your own CBD tea is as easy as that. If you are looking for a unique experience, you can add a favorite tea bag to enhance the flavor and stir in some regular or cannabis honey.
CBD Tea Benefits
Because CBD has a great variety of therapeutic properties, you can use it in many different ways to treat a wide range of disorders. In tea, it can act as an antiemetic to reduce nausea, antitumular to fight tumor and cancer cells, and anticonvulsant to suppress seizures. Moreover, it can ease anxiety and depression, treat neurodegenerative disorders, and act as an anti-inflammatory for chronic and neuropathic pain.
The antioxidants it contains can soothe your damaged cellular structures and boost your mind and body. Also, some believe CBD is good for losing weight as it acts as an appetite suppressant and the tea itself has weight loss promoting properties.
The relaxing effects of CBD can help you wind out after a long day and improve your sleep schedule by drinking it before bedtime.
Duration Of The CBD Tea Effects
The duration of your CBD tea effects can vary based on your weight and metabolism. Usually, the effects can last from 2 to 5 hours.
It is important to know that it does take a while for them to kick in, unlike when you smoke CBD hemp buds. This is because when you ingest CBD, your digestive system needs to metabolize the contents, and the time can vary due to the body chemistry and health conditions. On average, it can take 30 to 60 minutes, and sometimes it can take up to 2 hours. It all depends on each one’s body.
When Should I Drink CBD Tea?
Despite having a non-psychotropic profile, CBD tea works better in moderate consumption. 2 or 3 cups a day should be enough, and thanks to its relaxing effects, it is ideal as an afternoon or nighttime drink. This easy recipe can be prepared cold on those hot summer days or hot for rainy afternoons while reading.
Do you fancy a potent CBD tea? Getting the best out of your hemp flower tea will significantly depend on the nugs you buy. The hemp market is vast, and getting an organic, U.S grown flower might be more complex than you expect. Luckily for you, Botany Farms’ craft cannabis is absolutely reliable and contains high CBD levels with great terpene profiles. Whether you want an Indica, a Sativa, or a hybrid flower for your CBD tea, we got your back.