If you’re looking for the perfect snack to help satisfy those munchies, and you want a tasty treat that’s going to give you the munchies in the first place, then these weed-infused Rice Krispie treats might be exactly what the doctor ordered.
Sure, you can smoke or vape your cannabis, but that never tastes great, at least not as sweet, gooey, and delicious as some freshly made cannabis Rice Krispie treats! Not only do these delectable little bites taste fantastic, but they can also produce a high unlike anything else you’ve ever experienced.
Getting high off of edibles produces a much stronger and longer-lasting high than either vaping or smoking, so you get the most bang for your buck, not to mention that Rice Krispie treats are all about childhood nostalgia too.
Today, we want to talk about how to make some really tasty cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats, and we’re going to talk about how to do so using either a THC tincture or homemade cannabutter. Both are perfectly fine options, depending on what you have at your disposal.
This is one of the advantages of making these cannabis snacks, as long as you have some form of decarboxylated THC, you can make them with virtually any form of cannabis, not to mention that they are super cost-effective and easy to assemble too. These are some tasty treats that can be ready in well under an hour, depending on how you fashion them. Let’s get to it and figure out exactly how to make cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats.
Here are all of the pieces of equipment that you will need to make your cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats.
- Large pot
- Silicone spatula
- Brownie pan (8” x 8” is best)
If Using Cannabutter
Now, something to be aware of here is that the easiest way to make these cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats is to use a THC tincture that has already been made for you. However, you can also use cannabutter, which you can make on your own. Below, we have listed the pieces of equipment that you will need to make your own cannabutter at home.
- Cookie or baking sheet
- Storage container – (glass mason jar works best)
Now that we know what equipment is needed to make these cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats, let’s take a look at the required ingredients.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 x 1-ounce bottle of THC tincture ( We recommend using our own Botany Farms Live Resin Delta 8 THC Tincture) with 3 to 6 tablespoons of butter OR 3 to 6 tablespoons of cannabutter if not using tincture
Seeing as you might want to extract and use your own cannabutter to make your cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats, you first need to make your own cannabutter, which will require some additional ingredients. Let’s take a look.
- 7 to 14 grams of decarboxylated cannabis (depending on how strong you want the butter)
- 2 sticks or 1 cup of butter
How to Make Weed-Infused Rice Krispie Treats: Step by Step
Now that we have gathered all of the ingredients and equipment needed to make our cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats, let’s go through a quick tutorial on how to get them from your imagination to your mouth. First, we will go through a step-by-step tutorial on how to make the Rice Krispie treats themselves, and in case you also need to make your own cannabutter, we will go over that further below as well.
- Melt the cannabutter in a medium or large pot (or melt the normal butter and add the THC tincture into the butter). Make sure to melt it on low heat and keep stirring constantly.
- Stir in the marshmallows and continue simmering on low heat until all of the marshmallows have dissolved. You should have a thick and gooey mixture now.
- At this point, if desired, you can mix in a teaspoon of vanilla extract for some added flavor.
- Take the butter, cannabis, and marshmallow mix off of the stove and mix in the Rice Krispie cereal. Make sure to mix thoroughly so that everything is coated and so that there are no large dry lumps.
- Take your brownie or baking pan and coat it with some butter or cooking spray so that the cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats don’t stick to the pan.
- Take this mixture and press it into your brownie or baking pan. Use your spatula to press it all down flat and even everything out.
- Put the cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats into the fridge and allow them to cool down enough so that they can be cut and consumed.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the treats into 2” squares, which if done right, should produce roughly 16 cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats.
How to Make Your Own Cannabutter
If you want to use your own cannabutter and make it first, instead of using a premade THC tincture, you can do that too. Keep in mind that using your own homemade cannabutter allows you to choose the strain of cannabis that you want to use, therefore allowing for better control over the effects that you will feel.
That said, making and then baking with your own cannabutter can make it hard to accurately dose how much THC is going to be in the butter and each of the treats, so start slow at first. You’re not looking to melt anybody’s brain, just get comfortably numb. Let’s take a quick look at how to make your own cannabutter.
** You will first have to decarboxylate your weed. In case you don’t know what this is, decarbing is the process where you heat cannabis at a moderate temperature to activate the THC. If you don’t decarb your weed first, the THC won’t be activated, which means that you won’t feel anything when you ingest it. When you smoke or vape cannabis, the combustion process or the heat created by vaping does the decarbing for you, but if you are cooking with cannabis flower, you need to decarb it first.**
- First, you are going to take up to 14 grams of cannabis flower and grind it up into very small nugs. We recommend using either our own Botany Farms Zombie Kush or our Botany Farms Fruit Loops indica bud.
- Place those nugs on a cookie or baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Make sure that the buds are in a single layer, not stacked on top of each other. Mix the buds around a bit about halfway through the decarbing process.
- Put a cup of butter in a saucepan, add in about a cup of water and allow the butter to melt.
- Mix in your decarboxylated cannabis and allow it to simmer on low heat for up to 3 or 4 hours (no hotter than 180 degrees Fahrenheit). Make sure that it never reaches a full boil, or else you will destroy the THC.
- Allow the mixture to cool down significantly, so it’s cool enough so that it won’t burn you if you touch it.
- Pour everything through the cheesecloth to separate the water and butter from the cannabis flower. To get every last gram of THC, make sure that you wring out the cannabis flower using the cheesecloth. You really want to squeeze everything out of it.
- Store the cannabutter in a container of your choosing, although a glass mason jar tends to work best.
Weed Infused Rice Krispie Treats: Basic Facts
Let’s go over some quick facts about the cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treats that we made today.
Serving Size: Makes 16 Rice Krispie treats, each 2” x 2”
Estimated Cost: About $75
Prep Time: 0 minutes if using tincture OR 3.5 hours if making your own cannabutter
Cooking Time: No more than 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes if using tincture OR up to 4 hours if making your own cannabutter
Nutrition: 1880 calories OR about 120 calories per 2” x 2” Rice Krispie Treat
Cuisine Type: Desert
If you like desert foods, here we also have a tasty THC milkshake that you can easily make at home too.
Just before we call it a day, we do recommend starting slow, so try eating just half of a cannabis-infused Rice Krispie treat, wait for an hour, and see how you feel before eating more. You can always consume more of these tasty morsels later on! In case peanut butter is your thing, we also have a recipe for some great THC peanut butter cookies, or if you could try these CBD brownies.
Thanks for stopping by. Why not give something from our Farm a try?