What Does CBD Lip Balm Do?
As simple as it may seem, buying the first lip balm you see at the drugstore won’t heal your dry and cracked lips. Our skin is a complex organ that requires special treatment to be healthy, and the fewer chemicals you use to heal it, the better it will get. What does CBD lip balm do?
In essence, what any other lip balm should do: moisturize. Seasonal changes, diet, and other factors dry our lips, making it uncomfortable to eat 一try drinking a margarita with cracked lips一 and turning us into self-conscious individuals. Thus, using a CBD lip balm is the best way to give your lips relief without harsh chemicals interfering in the process.
What’s best is that topical CBD products directly focus on the area you apply them to. As a result, you have a discreet microdose of cannabidiol that makes your lips kissable, healthy and heals any infections that put them at risk. If you complement the use of CBD lip balm with our amazing CBD flower, not only will your lips look amazing, but your mind will also glow and stay healthy.
Why CBD Oil?
CBD oil contains omega fatty acids that provide moisture to our skin and prevent water loss. Moreover, CBD is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties, relieving pain from chapped lips. In addition, it contains antioxidants that will restore damage to your skin cells to give you a firm appearance and radiant look.
Moreover, the use of plant-based, pure carrier oil to infuse your CBD will also bring you plenty of benefits that blend to perfection with cannabinoids. For instance, coconut oil has a high concentration of saturated fats in the form of lauric acid.
These compounds are perfect for treating several skin conditions related to dryness and lack of moisture. You can also use CBD oil with hemp seed oil for an extra kick of moisture or olive oil to rejuvenate and hydrate your skin.
Can CBD be Absorbed through the Lips?
The short answer to this question is yes. In fact, not only can CBD be absorbed by the lips, but just like the rest of the body, we also have endocannabinoid receptors on the skin of our lips. Therefore, when you apply CBD balm to your lips, they absorb the CBD, which begins to interact with the endocannabinoid receptors.
Benefits of CBD Lip BalmThere is some preclinical evidence to suggest that CBD may have benefits for the skin. Of course, this includes the skin of the lips. Therefore, if we talk about lip balm with CBD, we are talking about a product that could bring some potential benefits to the lips, but the evidence is currently very limited. Some of the beneficial effects that these could bring are:
- Moisturizing effects: CBD can have varying effects on the human body. But of all those effects, there are a couple that are especially good for skincare, and one of them is the moisturizing properties that CBD can have. Specifically, cannabis oil is a type of essential oil that contains most of the amino acids that the body needs. This oil can moisturize the skin of the lips and the skin in general while regenerating and repairing the damage caused by exposure to the environment or wounds caused by pre-existing dermatological conditions. This is why cannabis skin care products, including CBD lip balm, are becoming increasingly popular. Though it’s not clear that CBD in particular has these properties.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Another of the most notorious benefits that CBD can have concerning skin care is due to the anti-inflammatory properties that this cannabinoid is often associated with by its users. The anti-inflammatory qualities of CBD and products that contain it, such as CBD lip balm, could be potentially effective in calming the irritation caused by dermatitis and reducing the triggers of eczema and psoriasis on the skin. Though it’s always best to check with your doctor before treating any illness or condition.
Preliminary evidence suggests that CBD may enhance collagen production, leading to firmer skin and muscles and stronger connective tissue and bones. CBD may also improve the appearance of wrinkles, acne, eye bags, scars, and skin discoloration, though far more research needs to be conducted in this area.
Why CBD Lip Balm is Great for Chapped Lips?
Lip balms, in general, are already good for chapped lips because they help keep lips hydrated, thus preventing chapped lips. Adding CBD oil to the lip balm formula can give it an extra boost of moisturization.
This is because CBD oil is an excellent moisturizing agent that may also exert anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve swelling from pre-existing sores on chapped lips.
Best Hemp Flower for CBD Lip Balm
Cannabis is a wonderful plant that brings with it a universe of therapeutic possibilities. We can say, in general, that cannabis generates potentially beneficial effects for health.
But, to be more specific, the reality is that the effects of cannabis can vary wildly. This is because each strain brings with it a unique combination of the different natural compounds like terpenes, flavonoids, and cannabinoids that occur in cannabis. In this sense, there are strains of cannabis, generally, Indica in nature, that are beneficial for anxiety, while others are better for sleeping.
Likewise, Sativa strains are naturally better at raising energy levels. Although, years of crossbreeding between strains have created a complex array of strains that can’t be easily placed into one category or the other. When it comes to cannabis products containing CBD, this principle also applies.
While one of the main characteristics of hemp strains is that they are rich in CBD, some strains naturally generate more CBD than others. To make CBD lip balm, manufacturers don't use raw CBD flower but rather add CBD oil to the formula. To obtain CBD oil, the buds must go through a process to separate the CBD and the essential oils of the plant oil from the rest of the plant matter.
And of course, to achieve a cannabis oil with a high CBD content, the ideal is to extract this oil from CBD-rich strains. Based on this principle, the best hemp flower strains to make CBD lip balm are:
- Sour Space Candy:
- Cherry Wine:
- Bubba Kush:
- AC DC:
This hemp classic can scale up to 14% CBD content.
CBD Lip Balm Recipe
The best thing about DIY beauty products is that you know what goes into them, protecting yourself from any harmful chemicals that destroy your skin. This CBD-infused lip balm recipe is easy to follow, requires natural ingredients, and will last for about six months, giving your skin a safe alternative to petroleum-derived products.
- Double boiler or microwave
- Wooden spoon
- Glass jar or lip balm tube
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tbsp beeswax pellets (cosmetic grade)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ml CBD oil
- Essential oils (we think vanilla or peppermint will give your CBD lip balm a delicious aroma)
- Vitamin E oil (optional)
Step by Step
- Use your double boiler or microwave to melt the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. Use medium heat and turn off the heat when the mixture begins to boil.
- Add the CBD oil, essential oils, and vitamin E to the mixture and stir.
- Place a couple of drops of your CBD-infused lip balm mixture on parchment paper and take them to the fridge until firm. Add more beeswax if you don’t like the consistency and want it to be more firm. On the contrary, add more coconut oil or a smooth lip balm.
- Use a pipette or similar tool to pour the hot liquid into the container.
- Let your CBD lip balm cool at room temperature until solid.
- Store in a cool and dry place for up to 6 months.
Now that you have finished this CBD-infused lip balm recipe apply gently on your lips whenever you feel like they need some extra moisture. This product will come in handy for the winter season, where your lips will crack due to the cold wind. Remember to carry it with you all the time to enjoy the benefits of CBD!
Are you into skincare? Go to this CBD cream recipe and give your body the fantastic benefits of a tremendous CBD topical. When you least expect it, all your products will be made with CBD from the comfort and security of your home.