Brownies are loved, and for good reason. After all, who doesn’t like chocolate? A good brownie always brings back memories of when Mama used to bake them fresh. That chocolatey taste and smell are pretty hard to compete with. Well, we can think of one way to make them better, and it’s something your mama might not approve of: adding some Delta-8 THC to the mix.
Sure, chocolate is great, but cannabis always makes things better. No, these brownies won’t be quite like those that Mama used to make, but who knows, she might even like them too. After all, a bit of cannabis after having to deal with the stresses of life all day might just be what she needs.
If you need extra relaxation, this Delta-8 brownie recipe could be exactly what you need. What we really like about this Delta-8 edible recipe is the fact that it is so sweet and chocolatey that you really can’t taste the cannabis extract in it at all. They taste just like regular brownies, but with an added kick of THC.
Just be careful not to use too much Delta-8 THC in these pastries, or else you’re going to get blown sky-high and end up in the clouds for a couple of days. Keep reading to make your own tasty and tantalizing Delta-8 THC brownies.
How to Make Delta-8 Brownies
There are a few reasons why these particular Delta-8 THC brownies are fan favorites among cannabis connoisseurs everywhere. So, why should you try making these specific Delta-8 brownies?
First, these brownies are super easy to make. Even if you’re still a little dazed from that last puff, it really shouldn’t take you more than an hour to complete. You also don’t need to purchase many ingredients or spend a whole lot of money.
Next, you don’t have to make your own cannabis oil or tincture here, because what you’re going to use is a premade Delta-8 Live Resin THC Tincture. You don’t have to deal with grinding bud, decarboxylating it, or spending countless hours simmering that weed to transfer the THC into oil either. With this live resin THC tincture, you just have to pour it into your brownie mix and it’s good to go.
The other great thing about these brownies is that they taste really nice. If you follow the tips listed below, you won’t even taste that cannabis extract at all. They’ll be some of the best-tasting brownies you've ever had. We did mention a brownie mix above, and personally, we like a good old Betty Crocker brownie mix, although any mix will do just fine.
That said, if you’re feeling frisky, you can always make your own brownies totally from scratch, but as far as we are concerned, that’s just too much work.
Alternatively, if you’d rather make something like a space cake, which is more or less a fantastic chocolate cake that contains THC that comes directly from ground cannabis flower (as opposed to using a tincture), then check out this awesome Space Cake recipe.
Also, here we have a neat tutorial that will teach you how to make your own THC or CBD tincture by using some ground cannabis flower and oil, and it’ll show you how to make the Betty Crocker brownies with your own homemade tincture too.
Something you’ll appreciate here is that you barely need much equipment to make these tasty THC brownies. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Oven-safe glass bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Cookie sheet
- Brownie tray (you can use a 13” x 9”, 9” x 9”, or 8” x 8” brownie pan, as long as you adjust the baking temperature and time accordingly, which we will discuss in the instructions further below)
IngredientsWhat makes this brownie recipe so convenient is that you barely need any ingredients at all. Let’s take a look.
- 1 package of Betty Crocker brownie mix (or your own brownie mix of choice, although the other ingredients we list here are based on the Betty Crocker mix).
- 1 fluid ounce of Live Resin Delta-8 THC Tincture
- 2 eggs (or 3 eggs if you want the brownies to be a bit thicker and heavier)
- ½ cup of vegetable oil (minus 1 ounce to account for the additional liquid being added from the THC tincture)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons of soy lecithin powder or sunflower lecithin powder (this is necessary as it will allow the THC tincture to bind with the rest of the oil). If you fail to use this ingredient, the tincture and oil will separate from each other, and when you bake the brownies, the tincture will not be evenly distributed.
- Some butter (to prevent the brownies from sticking to the pan)
How to Make Delta-8 THC Brownies: Step by StepNow that we have all of our equipment and ingredients ready to go, let’s get to making the best cannabis edibles you’ve ever tasted.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the ½ cup of vegetable oil in an oven-safe glass bowl. Place this on a cookie sheet and then in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then stir thoroughly.
- Add 1 ounce of the Delta-8 Live Resin Tincture to the vegetable oil, then add the 2 tablespoons of soy or sunflower lecithin powder and stir thoroughly until the powder is dissolved.
- Place this back in the preheated oven for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (if using an 8” x 8” brownie tray, preheat the oven to 3250 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the brownie mix, eggs, water, and the oil/lecithin/THC mixture.
- Take your brownie pan and grease it up with some butter to stop the brownies from sticking.
- Take your brownie mix and pour it into the brownie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 22 to 25 minutes if using the 13” x 9” brownie pan, at 350 for 36 to 38 minutes if using the 9” x 9” brownie pan, or at 325 for 50 to 52 minutes if using the 8” x 8” brownie pan.
- Once the time is up, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. If it comes out dry, the brownies are done. If it comes out wet, give it another few minutes.
- Remove the brownie pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool. If desired, cover it in icing once they are cool.
Delta-8 THC Brownies: Important FactsLet’s go over some quick facts about these particular Delta-8 THC brownies.
- Serving Size: 20 brownies
- Estimated Cost: $65 to $75
- Prep Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 to 52 minutes
- Total Time: 44 to 82 minutes
- Nutrition: Approximately 150 to 175 calories per brownie
- Cuisine Type: Desert
Making Your Own THC Brownies: Final Thoughts
Note: When it comes to these THC brownies or any edibles, start slow. They can take up to 90 minutes to hit, so don’t eat too many because you don’t feel anything after just 15 minutes! Take it slow and see how it goes. Also, if you prefer CBD over THC and you want to make some killer CBD brownies, here we have a killer CBD brownie recipe for you to check out.