If there is one thing that you know about cannabis, it likely contains THC. Specifically, cannabis contains what is known as Delta-9 THC. This is the psychoactive substance that makes you feel really good. Yes, Delta-9 THC is indeed the stuff that makes you feel high. So, what about Delta-9 THC gummies, are they going to make you feel high? Now, the reason we ask this question is because of the legal status of Delta-9 THC in the USA. According to federal legislation, specifically, the 2018 Farm Bill, cannabis or hemp products in the US are only legal if they are made with hemp-derived CBD, and contain less than 0.3% Delta-9 THC. As you can probably tell, this means that any cannabis products out there are only allowed to have a minute amount of Delta-9 THC. So, even with such small amounts of Delta-9 THC, are Delta-9 gummies still going to make you feel high? This means that for every 100 milligrams of edibles or gummies, the products may contain only up to 3 milligrams of Delta-9 THC, or 30 milligrams of delta-9 THC for every gram of product.
- THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Delta-9 THC is technically legal so long as it is hemp-derived and not present in concentrations exceeding 0.3%.
- Delta-9 THC is psychoactive and will make you feel high. Delta-9 Gummies get you high!
- THC may also have a variety of potential benefits for the mind and body.
What is Delta-9 THC?THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol. Delta-9 THC is the main psychoactive or intoxicating compound found in cannabis. This is generally the number one cannabinoid present in terms of quantity. For those that don't know, there are well over 100 different cannabinoids that may be found in hemp and cannabis plants. However, along with CBD, THC, specifically Delta-9 THC, is one of the most common ones. Moreover, Delta-9 THC is the major reason why people consume cannabis, because it makes you feel high and intoxicated, and also has many possible benefits for both the mind and body.
What Are Delta-9 Gummies Effects?Delta-9 THC gummies may have a variety of effects on both the mind and the body. First, there are the psychoactive or intoxicating effects that you may feel, and second, there are also potential medical benefits, both for your mind and body. Let's take a quick look at both of these categories.
- Delta-9 THC may produce an intoxicating cerebral head high. This means that you will feel psychoactivity intoxicated in your head. This may include feelings of happiness, elation, euphoria, mental relaxation, calmness, feeling energetic, creativity, talkative, giggly, or possibly feeling sedated. It will also impair basic cognitive abilities.
- Delta-9 THC may also produce a body high. This may be characterized by a general heaviness, tingling of the limbs, a feeling of warmness, general sedation, and hunger. It will also impair your basic motor skills.
- Delta-9 THC may act as a mood regulator. It may be able to help increase serotonin and dopamine levels in your brain. Serotonin and dopamine are feel-good brain chemicals that have the potential to reduce or relieve anxiety, depression, and stress, therefore potentially making you feel better.
- Delta-9 THC may also be able to help reduce stress levels by reducing cortisol levels in the brain. Cortisol is produced when you experience stress, and it keeps you in that flight or fight mode, and it keeps you on high alert. If THC has the potential to reduce cortisol levels, it may also have the potential to reduce stress levels.
- THC is also believed to be both an analgesic and an anti-inflammatory agent. This means that it may have the potential to relieve both inflammation and pain, therefore possibly helping you with a much more comfortable life.
- THC is also thought to help relieve nausea and spur appetite. This is a possible benefit for people suffering from conditions or undergoing treatments that cause a lack of appetite and nausea.
- THC may also be able to help you get a good night's sleep by acting as a potential sedative.