Dugout one hitter Pipes are really cool because they are effectively a three-in-one solution for your smoking needs. They allow you to grind your herb, store it, and smoke it all with one device.
This grinder, storage case, and one hitter pipe are also quite affordable. As far as functionality, portability, and usefulness though, the Dugout one hitter is one of the most innovative products to hit the cannabis world.
That said, one of the issues faced by people using the Dugout one hitter is that it can be difficult to clean. However, although it is difficult to clean, it is not impossible. This is exactly what we are about to teach you, how to clean your one hitter Dugout.
- How to clean Dugout one hitter pipes depends on what they are made out of, whether wood, metal, or glass.
- Unless it is made out of wood, the best way to clean one hitters is by using isopropyl alcohol, along with other materials.
How To Clean A One Hitter Dugout Pipe
How to clean a one hitter Dugout pipe really isn't rocket science. What it all comes down to is needing a plastic bag, isopropyl alcohol, and some coarse salt, as well as about 60 minutes of your time.
Although we will take a closer look at how exactly to clean Dugout one hitter pipes made out of metal, glass, and wood, for the most part, you just soak the pipe in alcohol and salt for about 60 minutes, give it a bit of a shake, rinse it off, and you're good to go.
If you do this regularly, you shouldn't need to do any scrubbing. However, if you wait a long time in between cleanings, you may also require some scrubbing utensils, such as a pipe cleaner or small brush.
How To Clean A Glass Dugout One Hitter
Glass is of course a fragile material, and there are some one hitter Dugout pipes made out of it. Follow these steps as listed below to safely and effectively clean a one hitter made out of glass.
To clean a glass Dugout one hitter pipe, you will need the following:
- Plastic container or Ziploc Bag
- 91% iso alcohol (or higher proof)
- 5 tbsp of sea salt
- Q-tips or pipe cleaners
- Paper clip
- Paper towel
Follow the instructions listed below to clean your one hitter glass Dugout pipe.
- Remove any remaining materials or loose particles from the pipe before you start this process. You can blow through it a little bit or run it under the sink.
- Take the pipe and place it inside a plastic container or a Ziploc bag, or any other such sealable container.
- Pour about 5 tablespoons of coarse salt into the container, and then pour in enough isopropyl alcohol to completely submerge the pipe. Even better is if you get that coarse salt inside of the pipe. Try using your fingers, or maybe even a small funnel, to get some salt inside of it. The more salt you have, and the coarser it is, the easier it is to remove the resin on the inside.
- Give the bag or the container a bit of a shake, just to move the salt around. We are talking about a glass pipe here, so use some caution. Shake it hard enough to mix the ingredients around, but not so hard to break the pipe.
- Allow this to soak for about an hour. If your Dugout one hitter pipe is extremely dirty, give it several hours.
- Before removing the pipe from the solution, give it one final shake.
- You can now use a Q-tip, paper clips, pipe cleaners, or anything else of the sort to scrape away any remaining resin from the interior of the pipe. If you are unable to remove resin or other residues, repeat the soaking process and try scrubbing again.
- You can now rinse the pipe off with some warm water, and then let it dry.
Now that your pipe is clean, you can try smoking some of our own Botany Farms Delta-8 Blueberry Diesel through it.
How To Clean A Wood Dugout One Hitter
Wooden pipes are perhaps the hardest ones to clean. The reason for this is because of the material itself, the wood. Wood is very absorbent, which means that on one hand, it absorbs a lot of the resin and odor from your cannabis. However, it also absorbs water, alcohol, and cleaning solution.
You do not want to soak a wooden Dugout one hitter pipe in boiling water, isopropyl alcohol, or anything else of the sort for too long. Boiling water can damage your pipe, and isopropyl alcohol will leave a nasty taste behind.
You can use isopropyl alcohol, but just don't soak the pipe in it. Your best bet here is to try using something like compressed air to blow solid debris out of the pipe. You can then follow this up by using a pipe cleaner that is soaked in rubbing alcohol and passing it through the pipe.
A pipe cleaner soaked in rubbing alcohol should be enough to loosen most of the debris on the inside. If you really need to, if the pipe is very dirty, you can try boiling it in some water before scrubbing the inside with whatever tool fits, but it's not recommended. The less liquid you use when cleaning anything made out of wood, the better.
Now that your pipe is once again clean, you can try smoking some of our Delta-8 Blueberry Kush through it!
How To Clean A Metal Dugout One Hitter
If you have a Dugout one hitter pipe made out of metal, this is perhaps the easiest type to clean. Unlike glass, metal can be boiled in water, and that makes things a whole lot easier.
There are just a few materials you will require for this process.
- A stove (or cooking fire)
- Paperclip, bobby pins, Q-tips, or pipe cleaners
- Coarse Salt
Follow the instructions listed below to clean your metal one hitter Dugout pipe.
- Put your Dugout one hitter pipe in a saucepan and put enough water in it to fully submerge the pipe.
- Put the saucepan on the stove and bring it to a boil, and let it simmer away gently for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool down a little bit.
- Grab the metal pipe with your tongues, not your fingers, and swish it around in the water a little bit. This should dislodge and remove most of the debris and resin from the interior of the pipe.
- If there is still debris left behind, now is the time to use your paper clips, bobby pins, pipe cleaners, or anything else of the sort to clean any remaining debris and resin from the inside of the pipe.
- This is somewhat time sensitive, and the hotter the pipe and the resin are, the easier the dirt and debris will be to remove. Therefore, if the pipe cools down too much during this process, put it back in the water, bring it back up to a boil, and repeat this process.
- You can now rinse off your metal Dugout one hitter pipe, and it should be good to smoke some of our Botany Farms Delta-8 Lemon Diesel CBG.
** If this process does not work, we recommend trying the process listed above for cleaning glass Dugout one hitter pipes, where rubbing alcohol and coarse salt are used.**
How To Clean A One Hitter Without Rubbing Alcohol
If you want to clean your one hitter pipe, but you don't have any rubbing alcohol, there are other solutions at your disposal.
As discussed above, in the instruction on how to clean your metal Dugout pipe, boiling water is an option. Boiling water will heat the resin and debris to the point where they become very soft and should loosen from the material. This doesn't always work for extreme cases, but it's certainly better than nothing at all.
Hydrogen Peroxide and Salt
Although not nearly as good as the combination of isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt, hydrogen peroxide and coarse salt will also do the trick if you are in a bind.
Vinegar and Salt
Vinegar is a natural cleaning solution, so if you don't have any isopropyl alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, this is likely your next best bet. The acidity of vinegar should help loosen some of the resin and debris inside of your pipe, and the coarse salt should be able to handle anything that the vinegar can't get. Just be aware that your pipe will likely end up smelling like vinegar.
Baking Soda and Vinegar
If you don't have any coarse salt laying around, your next best bet may be to use a combination of baking soda and vinegar. Yes, this is what you used in elementary school to create that volcano. Well, the reaction between baking soda and vinegar creates a lot of carbon dioxide, and that bubbling action has the power to remove a lot of loose and stuck debris. If your one hitter pipe is caked up with resin, this likely won't remove anything, but it's certainly better than nothing.
If you don't have isopropyl alcohol, vinegar, salt, baking soda, or anything else in between, the only other option you have at your disposal is to use physical force. By this, we mean using pipe cleaners, little brushes, Q-tips, and anything else you can think of to get inside of the pipe and scrape away the resin and residue.
Pros And Cons Of A Dugout One Hitter
As with anything else out there, there are both advantages and disadvantages to these Dugout one hitter pipes.
- These pipes allow you to grind your weed, store it, and smoke it all with one great tool.
- They, therefore, eliminate the need for you to have a separate grinder, storage case, and smoking accessory.
- A Dugout one hitter pipe helps keep your ground cannabis fresh.
- These are very portable accessories that are perfect for being on the go.
- They are also very affordable.
- They make for good conversation starters too!
- The only real downside with these Dugout one hitter pipes is that they can be difficult to clean.
Final Thoughts – How To Clean A Dugout One Hitter
As you can see, although Dugout one hitter pipes can be a bit difficult to clean, if you use the above methods, it shouldn't be overly hard. Just remember that cleaning a metal, glass, and wooden pipe all requires a slightly different process, so be sure to follow the instructions as listed above.