Ever since cannabutter was introduced to the cannabis world, there isn't a recipe a herbalist won't make with this wonderful ingredient. We all know about the mighty space cakes and weed brownies.
But if you want something easy to dose, gummies are an excellent choice. If you like to surprise your friends with more than just a perfectly rolled spliff, learn how to make edible weed gummies with cannabutter.
What is Cannabutter?
If this is your first time reading about cannabutter, we got you. Simply put, cannabutter is regular butter infused with cannabis products一 flower, oil, tincture, kief; you name it.
You can also make cannabutter with cannabinoids, be it THC, CBD, or delta-8 (in case, of course, you have products rich in such compounds). Making cannabutter from scratch helps cannabis consumers create a personalized dose that fits their needs better, as most edibles come with their own doses and can be difficult to control.
How to Make Cannabutter
When making cannabutter, you will need plenty of time to get it right. You need to decarb your flower before actually infusing it in the butter. This activates THCA and CBDA and turns them into the beloved THC and CBD we all know and enjoy.
To decarb your flower, bake it for 45 minutes at 240°F. Stir the flower from time to time to make sure it bakes evenly. Learn more about this process in our decarb guide. After decarbing your flower, there are several methods you can use to infuse your cannabutter.
The most common one is to boil some water in a saucepan and melt regular butter in it. Then, pour the decarbed cannabis and reduce it to a low simmer for 3 hours. Once the butter turns golden brown with a slight green hue to it, strain it over a container. Place it in the fridge and use it as you please.
While this method is the fastest, it may not give you the buttery, creamy texture that makes all recipes soft and tasty. For us, making cannabutter with a slow cooker is an easier recipe that allows you to go about your day without keeping an eye on your saucepan for 3 hours. Plus, the result is a creamier butter than regular.
Edible Weed Gummies with Cannabutter Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Additional time: 30 minutes Total time: 55 minutes Servings: 16 gummies
- Silicon gummy molds
- Small saucepan
- Double boiler
- Mixing bowl
- Squeeze bottle
- 1 cup water or juice
- ½ cup cannabutter
- 2 teaspoons lecithin powder
- ¾ - 1 ¼ ounce unflavored gelatin
- 3 ounces flavored Jell-O powder
- ½ cup honey
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of juice or water and stir the unflavored gelatin into it. Set aside until the mixture becomes thick.
- In a double boiler, pour one cup of water into the bottom pan and set over medium heat. Once it starts boiling, reduces the heat to low and let simmer.
- Add your cannabutter and lecithin to the top pan and let the butter melt. Whisk from time to time and leave over low heat.
- In a small saucepan, add ½ cup of water or juice and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, add the Jell-O packet to the hot liquid. Whisk to dissolve and turn off the heat.
- Pour the Jell-O mixture into the double boiler with cannabutter and lecithin. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Take the bowl of unflavored gelatin and add it to the mixture. Whisk, and then add ½ cup honey.
- Whisk consistently to avoid clumps. If desired, use an immersion blender.
- Once the mixture is ready, pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and add the gummy mixture to your molds.
- Let the molds sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Once 30 minutes pass by, carefully remove the gummies from the molds and allow them to air dry on a baking rack. Let them cool completely for at least 24 hours.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy these bite-sized weed delicacies whenever you want.
Making weed gummies are a great way to obtain the amazing benefits of cannabis in a controlled way. Moreover, you can decide how much THC or CBD to use, making it more suitable for your own needs. If you are more into the benefits of the hemp plant, you can also learn how to make hemp oil gummies to make the most of this wonderful plant without the effects of THC taking over you.
If you aren’t into recipes but would still like to see what weed gummies are all about, we’ve got you! At Botany Farms, we have discovered the best way to create delicious CBD, delta 8, and delta 9 gummies. What’s more, these are Farm Bill compliant, vegan, and gluten-free, ensuring you’re only getting the best of the best.