Do your flower seem to fall short of your needs for a potent high? Don’t worry, smokers found the solution to that issue. If you are up to an adventure, fasten your seatbelt, put on your helmet, and jump into our spaceship for a stimulating trip to teach you how to make moon rocks. While you are here, why not give some Botany Farms products a try?
What are Moon Rocks
Moon rocks, also known as "Caviar," are high-quality buds dipped or sprayed with hash oil and then coated in a thick layer of kief, a strong medicinal powder consisting of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids that have fallen off the cannabis plant.
When these cannabis ingredients are combined, they produce supercharged buds with a one-of-a-kind and magnificent appearance that provides a high unlike any other. The first moon rocks were created using the Girl Scout Cookies (GSC) strain.
Dispensaries and manufacturers use a variety of strains and nearly any form of extract and kief to create these potent high-inducing miracles. Although some individuals and dispensaries dispute the origins of Moon Rocks, many cannabis enthusiasts agree that the Starbudz60 store was the first to sell them.
Why Smoke Moon Rocks
Moon rocks live true to their name by having enough ability to transport you to the moon and back. In addition to their attractive appearance, moon rocks can produce one of the most powerful highs you'll ever get from cannabis. This is why they are so beloved among smokers.
Moreover, moon rocks also have a great high-terpene flavor thanks to the kief coating. When lit, they produce one of the densest and therapeutically potent clouds of smoke you'll ever see in the cannabis world. Moon rocks have a power that no other cannabis strain can equal.
Another reason some users keep moon rocks on their favorites is mainly thanks to their low price. Smoking moon rocks costs roughly $30, whereas buying the flowers, concentrate, and kief separately would cost at least $100.
Moon rocks are indeed one of the most popular products among medical cannabis patients who require high amounts of THC. They provide a very effective solution that provides an out-of-this-world high at a reasonable price that is not too taxing on your wallet.
Best Way to Smoke Moon Rocks
While the good, old joint is a reliable friend for almost any kind of flower, the best way to smoke moon rocks will always be a glass pipe. This is because, given its harsh consistency, it is harder to break the nug to roll a moon rock joint. When you smoke moon rocks in a pipe, you will burn all their THC goodness without damaging their shape and consistency too much.
Smoking Moon Rocks in a piece of glass, whether in a conventional glass pipe or a bong, is the most suggested way to enjoy your "Caviar," and it's a lot easier than it appears. Let's begin with a step-by-step guideline:
- Break apart your Moon Rock nug on a rolling tray into small enough pieces to fit inside the bowl of your pipe. This can be done with the use of a fork, knife, or tweezers.
- Grind some conventional buds from your favorite strain or whatever strain you have on hand once you've broken the Moon Rock into small pieces. To enhance the flavors and fragrances of your smoking experience, pick the same strain that Moon Rock is made from.
- Fill half the bowl of the pipe with a small amount of normal ground bud. When lighting your pipe, this will form a base that will ensure an equal burn.
- Finish stuffing the bowl of your pipe with the little chunks of moon rock after it's half full. Make the moon rock chunks as small as possible so that they can be easily lighted.
- Now that you've filled your bowl with ground flowers and moon rock, all you have to do is light it and enjoy the most delicious and scented puffs available. There will most likely be a small flame because of the oil, kief, and bud in the bowl, which is quite acceptable. To prevent wasting the material, simply let the flame go out on its own or extinguish it manually.
The most important part of making moon rocks is using a quality strain for the flower, concentrate, and kief. Contrary to sun rocks, you can make moon rocks combining any type of strain for the flower, concentrate, and kief.
- Your favorite, high THC flower (try this potent Delta-8 Bubba Kush flower)
- Hash oil or concentrate
- A small tray with kief
- A liquid dropper
- Make sure your bud is dense to hold together all of the ingredients.
- If you are using a concentrate, heat it until it melts and use a dropper to cover the exterior of your nug with it. Avoid dipping the bud in the liquid as it will get too wet, making it difficult to smoke.
- Take the bud with the tweezers and roll it back and forth in the kief. The best way to know whether you had success making moon rocks is if you can’t see the flower underneath these layers.
- Let dry in a warm and dry place, and smoke it once it is ready.
How to Make Hash Oil for Moon Rocks
Get a 190-proof or higher food-grade alcohol and decarb your flower if you want to make hash oil for Moonrocks. This step is critical if you want to activate all of the THC. If you don't want to get high from the active components in cannabis, you can create hash oil without decarbing your buds.
You can begin making powerful hash oil once you've acquired all of the supplies. You're almost halfway through the procedure if you follow this CBD tincture recipe (but you'll use THC flower instead of CBD).
Reduce the alcohol in the tincture until all of the cannabis resin is already extracted. To evaporate the alcohol, use a double-boiler and cook on low heat until the mixture heats up and roils a little.
Remember to keep an eye on the tincture until you notice an oily substance. Take it out of the oven while it's still hot and put it in a glass jar. For your Moonrocks, you now have hash oil.
How to Make Moon Rocks with Dabs
Moonrocks can be made without using liquid cannabis oil to cover your nug. In fact, any cannabis concentrate that melts can be used. Users prefer to make Moonrocks with dabs over other options because of its strength, which can reach up to 80% THC by itself.
As a result, if you wish to make Moonrocks with dabs, boil them until they become liquid. Hold your bud with a pair of tweezers and dip it into your concentrate. Then, submerge the freshly oiled bud into the kief and let it dry for a couple of minutes before smoking.
Sunrocks vs Moonrocks
While moon rocks have a strong kick, the ruler of our solar system always bring more power. Sun rocks are high-quality buds that have been sprayed with wax or shatter to keep the original bud visible. In fact, only from a certain distance do you notice that they are coated in concentrate.
Sun Rocks appear to be delectable buds caramelized with the same strain's cannabis concentrate. This method boosts THC levels while also enhancing the terpene profile, smells, and flavors to new heights. Users usually use OG Kush or any variation from this lineage to make sun rocks.