Winter times are perfect for a delicious hot chocolate while you snuggle between the sheets. And while the recipe for hot chocolate is already well established, we can always give it a twist to make it better. Want to discover how to make a hot drink that will make you feel mellow? Try out our kief hot chocolate recipe for a delicious, stimulating drink.
What is Kief?
If you came across this kief hot chocolate recipe without knowing too much about kief, let us introduce you to this fantastic product. Kief is the resulting powder that stays in your grinder after grinding your buds. This is a collection of tiny particles called trichomes, which contain all the CBD, THC, and terpenes that make hemp and cannabis so good and tasty.
These crystals often get trapped inside the grinder, creating a fine yellow powder that still holds strong properties for you to enjoy. For that reason, we highly recommend getting a 4-chamber grinder. That way, it will come with a kief collector that will help you make the most out of this beautiful golden powder that holds just as many benefits and effects as your favorite cannabis strain.
Kief Hot Chocolate Recipe
To make the tastiest cannabis-infused hot chocolate, you’ll first need to collect kief for a couple of days or weeks. Choose your favorite bud, whether it is THC, CBG, or CBD-rich, and grind it with a grinder that has a kief collector. This way, the powder will fall in just one chamber, making it easier for you to extract.
- 1-2 grams kief
- 1 cup cannamilk (follow this recipe to make CBD milk)
- 2–8 tablespoons cream
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 squares of dark chocolate
- Slowly warm the milk over low heat in a medium saucepan. Then, add your kief and let both ingredients cook for at least 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the cocoa, vanilla, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk.
- Finally, add the dark chocolate and whisk until it has melted. Then, pour in a coffee cup and top with the cream and your preferred toppings.