Peanut butter is a staple of American culture. You can find this creamy treat in candies, savory recipes, and drinks. From crunchy peanut butter to organic options, we are sure you’ve tried just about anything except, maybe, peanut butter weed cookies.
If you are into cannabis cooking and prefer to make your own edibles instead of buying them online, this recipe is perfect for you! Making these cannabutter peanut butter cookies is simple and pleasing, as you’ll create delicious treats for those days when you want to sit back and relax.
Before diving into this creamy recipe, you’ll need to decarboxylate your flower to create cannabutter. You can do this with any type of cannabis strain, each with its own properties.
If you don’t want a high, use some of our CBD flower, like the tasty Lifter strain, a citrusy Sativa with uplifting effects. Or, if you want a mild high, check out the fancy delta-8 THC Bubba Kush, a calming indica with chocolate and coffee hints. Once you choose your favorite strain, infuse butter with it.
To make this, read our detailed guide on how to make CBD butter. After you’ve prepared this delicious infusion, you can start gathering the ingredients for your peanut butter weed cookies recipe.
Servings: 24 cookies Cuisine: Dessert Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter (use crunchy peanut butter for a tastier result)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 2 mixing bowls
- Baking tray
Step by Step
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix the cannabutter, peanut butter, and sugars together. Then, beat in the eggs.
- In the other bowl, sift the dry ingredients. Then, stir into the butter mixture.
- Take the dough to the fridge and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Roll the peanut butter weed cookie dough into balls and put them on a baking sheet. Use a fork to make a crisscross pattern, pressing on top of the dough.
- Bake each batch for 10 minutes. The cookies will turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Now, enjoy the blissful ride these treats will give you.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Pair them with a fresh glass of CBD milk and relax after a tiring day. If you have trouble deciding how much cannabutter to use, input the amount of flower you’ll use to infuse the butter in this cannabis dosage calculator.
That way, you’ll know exactly how much CBD or THC is in each cookie. Remember not to over indulge in these creamy treats, as the effects of the cannabinoids will take about 30 minutes to appear.