While surrounding yourself with aromatic clouds of weed is delightful, sometimes we should give our lungs some rest. Fortunately for us, there are many ways to consume cannabis, and the one that will give you flavors just as delicious as your favorite bud is edibles. Today, we want to introduce you to an amazing Space Cake recipe. This dessert became popular after Amsterdam’s legal cannabis industry made it a thing, and for a good reason. Read on to cook a high that’s out-of-this-world.
How Long does Space Cake Last in Your System?Before getting all your ingredients, let’s break down some important facts about this Space Cake recipe. How long will its effects last? Because they are edibles, your bloodstream won’t directly interact with THC until your digestive system breaks it down. As a result, a Space Cake will take about 30 to 60 minutes to kick in. Then, the peak will come at fours hours, but you’ll still feel the effects of its THC content for about six to eight hours. For that reason, you should start with small portions until you feel comfortable. Don’t eat a second piece of cake until at least an hour has gone by and you know it is safe to eat some more. As for how long THC stays in your body, this cannabinoid can be detected for up to 90 days in hair and about 3 days to a month in urine. For that reason, we wouldn’t recommend eating a potent Space Cake if you have a drug test coming.
Space Cake RecipeServings: 10 slices THC per slice: About 13 mg THC. This dose is calculated based on 1g of flower per cake containing around 20% THC.
- Mesh strainer
- Mason jar
- Mixing bowl
- Cake oven tin
- Mixing spoon
- 1 gram of cannabis bud, ground (if you want a twist to your regular THC, try the amazing delta-8 THC Sour Space Candy strain)
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- ½ cup non-salted butter (if you don’t have cannabutter, add ½ cup of butter)
- 1 cup sugar or your preferred sweetener
- ¾ cup of your preferred milk
- 1 ¾ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Toppings (optional)
Step by Step
- Grind your buds and decarb them. To do so, preheat your oven to 250°F and spread the ground flower on a baking sheet. After 45 minutes, it should have turned brown. Remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- If you have cannabutter, skip this step. Take your decarbed flower and heat with ½ cup butter for about 30 to 60 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally until the butter is infused with the cannabis flower.
- Use a mesh strainer to separate your cannabutter from the plant material, and pour the butter into a mason jar. Let it solidify a bit.
- Set your oven to 350°F and butter and flour your cake oven tin.
- Take ½ cup cannabutter if you are an experienced user. If not, try ¼ cup cannabutter and ¼ cup regular butter. Then, mix with the flour, sugar, salt, milk, vanilla extract, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. The dough should be smooth. In case you want to add toppings, pour them in this step.
- Take your Space Cake batter to the cake tin and spread evenly. Then, take it to the oven for 20 minutes or until it is ready. To know if your cake is fully baked, take a toothpick and poke it. It should come out clean. If not, leave for 3 minutes more until ready.
- Remove your Space Cake from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes. Now, you can have a delicious snack for a fun, chill afternoon.