Being kind and hospitable among cannabis users worldwide is practically an inherent code, and the cannabis industry does not escape this. The cannabis industry continues to expand exponentially every year, and more and more people are venturing out to try the wonders of this revolutionary plant for themselves. This is why we see more and more products and tools that make the life of the cannabis user easier and the art and work of smoking a bit more convenient. Back in the day, cannabis users had to learn to construct their own joints until they perfected the art of rolling, and thus ensured a comfortable smoking experience. However, advances in the legality of cannabis now allow brands and retailers to market pre-assembled joints and all sorts of tools and devices, from automated rolling machines to pre-rolled rolling paper cones, so that the rolling process becomes increasingly more manageable for everyone. If you’re here, it’s probably because you want to know what a pre-rolled cone is exactly and why it might be convenient for you to use them. If this is the case, keep reading; you will find all the answers you need! Thanks for stopping by! Why not give a HHC Pre Roll or two from our farm a try?
What are Pre Rolled Cones?Pre-rolled cones are just what the name suggests. It's not rocket science; it's just rolling paper pre-rolled into a conical shape to make the whole construction process easier for users. The pre-rolled cones require filling. Still, with a pre-rolled cone, we won´t have to roll the rolling paper in a conical shape ourselves. We just have to place the ground herb inside the conical-shaped, previously rolled paper, compact the cannabis inside a little, and we'll be ready to light on and enjoy our joint. Pre-rolled cones come with one end open on one side, usually wider than the other end of the pre-rolled cone, which generally comes with a filter tip placed to inhale through it, also called a "crutch" in some cases. Most of the time the filter tip is made of cardboard. Confusingly, you can purchase a joint that is already filled with cannabis that is rolled into a conical shape and this can also be called a pre-rolled cone. This can lead to misunderstandings, as you can find both products for sale, empty pre-rolled rolling paper cones and conical pre-rolls filled with cannabis, being both widely popular on the market. Either way, both products are convenient and practical for making a smoke session more effortless and pleasant.
Why Use Pre-Rolled Cones?Now that we are clear about what pre-roll joints and pre-rolled cones are, some may wonder why choose a pre-rolled cone instead of a regular rolling paper or a simple pipe. Undoubtedly, one of the main reasons to use a pre-roll cone is the practicality and convenience they provide. Rolling and shaping your joint can be one of the most challenging parts of a smoking session for some; it is an art that takes time and practice to master and can significantly influence the smoking experience. This is why pre-roll cones can be a great help, especially if you are still working on perfecting your finesse and skill or just don't have enough time or patience to stop and put together your joint with the dedication it sometimes requires. If we dig a little deeper into the subject, we can explore the main reasons why many people prefer using pre-roll cones to regular rolling papers.
Good For BeginnersIf you are new to cannabis and rolling joints, you should know that rolling a joint perfectly is not as easy a task as it might appear. So it's okay if you don't roll a perfect joint the first time you try. Rolling the ideal joint can be a process that takes some time and perhaps more than one booklet of torn or damaged rolling papers to achieve. This is where the pre-rolled cones can come in handy since, as your paper is pre-rolled, you will only need to grind your herb and fill the cone with it. Once you fill your pre-rolled cone with ground herb, gently tamp it down, close the end by twisting the excess paper, and you're ready to light your joint. This is why pre-rolled cones can be an ideal choice for novices since they help you complete a part of the process that can become a bit tedious when you need more expertise. In addition, pre-rolled cones also allow you to have control over the quality of the cannabis you will fill them with. Unlike pre-rolled joints, with empty pre-rolled cones, you can choose the buds that you like the most and verify their freshness, quality, and aromas before assembling your joints.
Time-EfficientIn addition to being an art that takes time to perfect, making a perfect joint requires a bit of dedication. Crutching, rolling, shaping, licking, and sealing can be somewhat time-consuming. In this regard, using a pre-rolled cone can help you skip most of these steps and get your joint rolled and ready faster. Most pre-rolled cones come with a pre-installed filter and come ideally molded and sealed as well. These features can help you save time when rolling. So, whether you're on the go or just not in the mood to spend time crafting the perfect joint, a pre-rolled cone can help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Variety Of SizesToday, pre-rolled cones are widely popular around the world and among cannabis users everywhere. This has led traditional rolling paper manufacturing brands and companies to bring out different sizes of pre-rolled cones that fit each smoking sesh or occasion, from the classic 1 ¼ to the famous and acclaimed King size, and even other presentations that can be incredibly large. Another advantage of pre-rolled cones is that due to their increasing popularity and demand, besides coming in different sizes, you can also find them made of a myriad of different materials. You can find the classic pre-rolled cones made of hemp paper, rice paper, or ultra-fine paper, which has little or no effect on the flavor. Some brands offer other types of materials such as palm leaf paper and untreated paper; you can even get translucent pre-rolled cones made of cellulose.
How to pre-roll a coneFor some cannabis veterans, rolling a perfect joint may already be as easy and inherent a skill as breathing. However, we know that when we are just becoming enthusiasts about everything related to cannabis, there can even be doubts about how to smoke a pre-roll. Pre-rolled joints are currently one of the most popular products on the cannabis market. In 2018, statistics indicate that the cannabis industry sold more than 490 million pre-rolls combined between the United States and Canada. The cannabis industry is constantly changing and evolving and those numbers may not reflect current trends. Additionally, the appearance of pre-rolls infused with other hemp-derived cannabinoids (with Delta-8 being one of the most popular), adds another variable to the matter; consequently, some users still wonder how much THC is in Delta-8 pre-rolls or if Delta-8 pre-rolls get you high. The reality is that it all depends on the contents of the pre-roll you choose. While pre-rolled joints are handy since you just need to pop them out and light them up, having your own empty pre-rolled cones to make your joints with gives you total control and certainty regarding the quality and composition of the cannabis you will smoke. Fortunately, rolling a pre-rolled cone is easy. You just have to execute the following steps: If you already have your empty pre-rolled cones laid out, the remaining process is easy.
- You´ll just have to grind a few pieces of bud from your weed or CBD flower reserve.
- Then, to make filling the pre-rolled cone easier, you can use a less flimsy piece of writing paper or similar and make a funnel to make it easier to pour the ground cannabis into the empty pre-rolled cone. Cutting the corner off of an envelope makes a handy funnel for this purpose.
- Once the pre-rolled cone is full of ground cannabis, you can compact the weed a little with the help of a pencil, pen, or a simple wooden stick or anything that fits in the open end of your pre-rolled cone. It helps to gently compact the ground herb so that it is not too loose, which could affect your smoking experience.
- Once your ground cannabis is compact inside the pre-rolled cone, take the excess paper between the tips of your thumb and index finger and roll the extra paper like a candy wrapper until the end of your joint is like the wick of a candle, and that's it! Your cone will be ready to be lit.
- First, you will need the following:
- Once you have what you need to assemble your cone, start by crafting the filter or crutch with approximately half an inch piece of cardboard by making a few folds in one end of the cardboard and rolling it on itself.
- After having the crutch ready, place it on the rolling paper at one end so that the rolling paper stick is facing up and at the upper end. Once the filter is in position, sprinkle the ground cannabis over the center of the rolling paper. You can fill your joint with the amount of cannabis you want or the amount the rolling paper size allows you. Make sure you don't go overboard with the amount of ground cannabis and leave enough paper space to roll your joint comfortably.
- After your rolling paper has the desired amount of cannabis on top, proceed to shape your joint in a slow motion finger-snapping motion while tucking the unglued paper end under the glued end. To give it a conical shape, squeeze the end closest to the filter a little more, and you will see how your joint takes a conical shape. Once your joint is almost closed, and only the glued end remains, wet the glue lightly and finish closing it with a quick twist.
- When your joint is closed and sealed, pack up some of the ground cannabis that is slightly loose at the broadest end of the cone. Remember not to pack your cannabis too tightly, as your joint could get clogged from smoking. After packing the weed into the rolling paper, take the excess paper between the tips of your thumb and forefinger until you have your cone with a candle tip and your joint is ready to smoke. To light it, you just have to burn the leftover paper end and let the fire light the joint to start taking puffs once it's lit.