Every year, companies release a plethora of new CBD products. Now more than ever, people are discovering the amazing effects of cannabidiol, which serves as a natural alternative to traditional medicine. Unlike THC, one of the primary active compounds of the cannabis plant, CBD does not cause psychoactive effects. This is one of the reasons why users, young and old, prefer CBD products to address specific ailments or just to find well-being and relaxation in a safer way. Among the famous CBD flowers, oils, and capsules, there is a new CBD form that many consumers have started to purchase due to its potency; CBD wax. In this article, we will explain what CBD wax is, how it is produced, and its benefits and uses.
What is CBD Wax?CBD wax is a form of cannabis concentrate. When we talk about a CBD concentrate, we refer to a category of products that are made by the extraction of cannabidiol in high levels from the hemp flower. This form of concentrate receives its name for its appearance. Once purified, the CBD takes on a wax-like consistency. Depending on the manufacturer, CBD wax will come in 5%, 10%, or even 20% of potency. With up to 90% cannabidiol content, the best CBD wax products are an amazing way to get your dose of CBD without having to ingest higher amounts of product.
How is CBD Wax made?CBD wax is extracted by blasting the plant material with a solvent in what’s called a “closed-loop extraction system.” Among the several methods in which CBD may be made, these are the most common:
- CO2 Extraction: This method uses pressurized carbon dioxide to pull out cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. High pressure and heat are used to turn the CO2 supercritical, which means it is simultaneously like a liquid and a gas. In recent years, this method of CBD wax extraction has become one of the most popular.
- Butane Hash Oil Extraction (BHO): BHO extraction uses butane to “pull out” all the essential oils contained in the cannabis plant, including cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. The butane is then left to evaporate, and it creates a highly concentrated CBD extract. However, it has several downfalls, one of them being the risk of explosion during production. Additionally, it may contain propane, pentane, and hexane. These substances must be removed since they are components toxic to humans.
Types of CBD WaxThanks to the neverending innovations of the CBD market, we can find different types of CBD wax that will meet our needs. Although all of these forms are essentially CBD wax, the differences in textures and methods of extraction are what give each type a different name.
CBD BudderWith a consistency similar to that of butter, CBD budder is a more creamy form than most CBD wax varieties. Processors create CBD budder by purging using air pressure and then heating. Near the end of the process, this extract is whipped up, removing any excess moisture and solvents.
CBD ShatterThis type of CBD wax is probably one of the most cherished since it contains the highest concentrations of the powerful compounds of hemp. Shatter gets its name from its tough, brittle texture. Extractors blast hemp flowers in a closed-loop system. The cannabinoids are extracted by repeatedly filtering until everything is gone except for CBD. CBD shatter can be used, like any other type of CBD wax, for dabbing, but it can also be added to hemp flower joints and joints.
CBD CrumbleCBD Crumble has a similar manufacturing process as CBD shatter. However, the main difference is that crumble is compressed with lower temperatures. By using this method, the beneficial terpenes are preserved better. The texture of CBD crumble, is similar to crystalized sugar. Some CBD users will prefer CBD crumble since it has a unique flavor compared to other CBD wax products.
CBD KiefKief looks similar to pollen, being structured by tons of little trichomes filled with the best benefits of hemp. During the drying process of hemp flower, the trichomes crystallize. This makes them easier to separate from the bud. Manufacturers use fine screens to collect kief when the flowers are trimmed, creating a fine product that users pair with hemp flower to increase its potency.
CBD Live ResinCBD Live Resin is the next level of CBD concentrates. CBD manufacturers extract CBD live resin from either fresh or frozen hemp. That means, the CBD is removed from ‘live’ plants. As a result, it is a more fragrant concentrate and has higher levels of CBD.
Benefits of CBD waxSince it contains higher levels of CBD than hemp flower or oils, CBD wax is a powerful cannabidiol product. For this reason, many users who seek for instant relief may benefit from its use. Due to the concentrated form of CBD found in these products, you won’t need to increase your intake of product. When inhaled through a dab rig or a vaporizer, CBD wax delivers high cannabidiol levels to the lungs, which absorb them and take them into the bloodstream. Thanks to these properties, CBD is delivered within seconds to the brain. In addition, it won’t create a sedative or groggy state. CBD induces a sense of focus and calm, making it easy for you to work on your tasks. This means that you can treat your pain, fatigue or stress during daytime, without having to worry about a couch-lock state.
How to use CBD WaxThere are plenty of methods to consume CBD wax. Nowadays, you can find several tools to get your dose of your favorite CBD wax product, all of them adapting to your needs and preferences:
- Dab Rig: the most common way to use CBD wax is by dabbing. While this process may seem difficult at first, it is really easy once you get the basics covered. Using a dab rig, you will place a bit of the CBD wax on the nail surface. This part is usually made of ceramic, glass or titanium. When the wax turns to vapor, inhale like you would do in a traditional bong.
- Vaporizing: if you are always on the go, vaporizing your CBD wax is a smart move. If you want to invest in a quality vaporizer, get one with a quartz crystal or ceramic heating chamber. As long as it heats up enough to vaporize your CBD wax, you are ready to go.
- Bong: this well-known smoking tool is a great way to get your dose of CBD wax. Just place your wax in the bowl, light, and inhale like you normally would.