There are well over 100 different known cannabinoids and if you are going for potency, then THC-JD is one cannabinoid that you need to be familiar with. If you are looking to experience a strong cerebral and body high, much stronger than you might be used to with regular Delta-9 THC, then THC-JD is something worth trying. Although THC-JD is potent it is technically legal at a federal level and it is available for purchase in many areas of the United States. Today, we want to answer some important questions. What is THC-JD? What are its effects? How does it compare to other cannabinoids? Let’s answer all of these questions and more.
What Is THC-JDTHC-JD stands for tetrahydrocannabioctyl, or more specifically, Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabioctyl. This is a fairly rare cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis plants as a naturally occurring cannabinoid. It can be found in very small quantities in both hemp and cannabis plants. However, since it only exists in such small quantities, extracting it from plant matter would not be feasible or cost-effective. Therefore, THC-JD is usually made in a laboratory setting by converting CBD through a special process that we will take a look at further below. This particular cannabinoid is known for being extremely potent, much more potent than regular D9 THC, and this is what makes it so attractive to many people.
What Are The Effects Of THC-JDIn terms of the effects and the high that you will feel from THC-JD, this is all going to be quite similar to regular Delta-9 THC. However, the big difference is of course that THC-JD is up to 19 times more powerful than Delta-9 THC, and around 25 times more potent than Delta-8 THC. This is a very new cannabinoid, so exactly what the effects are cannot yet be said with 100% certainty. There are barely any studies that have been performed on it so far. The effects that people feel seem to differ from one person to another, and may also depend on the dosage, biological factors, and other cannabinoids that are present in a specific product. It is reported that some people say that THC-JD produces a very strong Sativa-like high that is energetic and uplifting, whereas others say that it is more like an Indica-like high that produces a strong sense of couch lock and puts you to sleep. Some of the possible effects of THC-JD are extreme euphoria, elation, happiness, feeling energetic, talkative, giggly, and social. You will also feel generally intoxicated in terms of both cognitive and motor function. In other words, you will feel intoxicated, likely to the point where it affects memory, reasoning, and deduction skills, and may also affect your balance, coordination, and reaction times. THC-JD may also produce strong senses of heaviness, tingling in the extremities, a feeling of warmth, hunger, sedation, tiredness, general calmness, and relaxation. Simply put, THC-JD can likely do all of the things that regular Delta-9 THC does, but to a much higher degree. Due to its extreme potency, this cannabinoid is going to make you feel extremely high. Furthermore, because it is so potent, it also tends to last much longer than regular Delta-9 THC. THC JD may also have a variety of medical benefits, although unconfirmed, which may include the following:
- THC-JD may act as an analgesic painkiller. This means that it effectively stops your brain from receiving pain signals from your nerves. It may reduce or eliminate sensations of pain.
- This cannabinoid may also act as an anti-inflammatory, which means that it may reduce or eliminate inflammation, therefore also controlling pain.
- THC-JD is also thought to act as an anti-nausea agent, plus it might be able to help stimulate appetite, which can be beneficial for a variety of reasons.
- THC-JD may also be able to reduce cortisol levels in the brain, while simultaneously potentially being able to increase serotonin and dopamine levels. This would in theory help to decrease stress, anxious thoughts, and even depression. In simplest terms, it might act as a mood regulator.
- Due to its potentially calming properties, as well as its sedative properties, THC-JD may also act as a fantastic sleep aid.