One of the biggest selling points of hemp and cannabis cartridges is that they are extremely easy to use. You don't have to roll anything, you don't have to grind anything, and you don't have to heat up a nail with a butane torch. All you do is screw the Delta-8 THC cartridge into the battery or mod of choice, turn it on, press a button, and take a pull.
The only thing people usually think about here is the strain which the Delta-8 THC cartridge came from. However, something many people don't think about is the battery or the mod itself. After all, you can't use a Delta-8 THC cartridge without the battery.
The battery is the power source, and without it, you just can't vape. Therefore, today we're going to teach you everything you need to know about choosing the best battery for Delta-8 THC cartridges. We'll also take a quick look at some of the best options out there.
- These are small cartridges filled with Delta-8 THC oil or concentrate, to which a battery is attached.
- The battery for Delta-8 carts is designed to provide power to the atomizer inside of the cartridge, which heats up and causes the substance on the inside to turn into an inhalable vapor.
- There are a variety of considerations to keep in mind when choosing a battery for your Delta-8 THC cartridge, including voltage, adjustability, battery capacity, size, portability, and more.
If you want to find out more about live resin THC cartridges, check out this ultimate guide.
What are Delta-8 Carts?
Delta-8 THC cartridges are small cartridges or vials that are filled with Delta-8 THC oil, extract, or concentrate. This concentrate is designed to be vaporized, which means that it turns into a vapor that you can inhale when exposed to extremely high temperatures.
The atomizer inside of a vape cartridge heats up to great temperatures, therefore producing this result. For the atomizer to do this, it needs to have a power source (AKA the battery) which is what we are talking about today.
Delta-8 THC is currently one of the most popular forms of THC, both due to its psychoactive effects and its possible medical benefits, not to mention its legal state in the USA. For those of you who don't know, as long as Delta-8 THC products fall within the legal limits as set out by the 2018 Farm Bill, particularly concerning Delta-9 THC contents, they are considered legal.
One of our most popular carts at this time is this Tangerine Dream Delta-8 THC cartridge. It's potent and has a fantastic flavor of tangerines and citrus.
What Kind of Vapes do Delta-8 Carts Use?
The vast majority of Delta-8 cartridges out there use what are known as 510 batteries. Most Delta-8 cartridges therefore also identify as 510 cartridges. 510 is simply the number that is used to describe the specific type of threading that connects the batteries to the vaporizer cartridges.
It has this name because there are generally 10 threads which total 5 millimeters in length, which is where the term 510 comes from. In fact, you would be hard-pressed to find vape cartridges and batteries that don't have this type of threading.
Yes, there are some other types, such as 808 for instance, although these are very rare. You need to look out for this threading because if you don't get the right type of threading on your battery, the vape cartridges won't fit.
However, across the board, the 510 variation is standard and it's what you'll usually be working with. That said, the best 510 vape battery for Delta-8 cartridges doesn’t just depend on the threading itself, as you will see further below.
The 510 battery works perfectly to try our own Botany Farms Cherry Pie Delta-8 THC vape cart!
Benefits of Finding the Right Battery for Delta-8 Carts
If all batteries are 510 batteries, why does it matter which exact one you go for? Well, choosing the right battery for your Delta-8 THC cartridge can make a difference on various fronts, so let's take a quick look at what these might be.
- The right battery for your Delta-8 THC cartridge will determine how good your hits from it are. If you get a unit that has plenty of power and lots of volts, it should supply you with more than enough power to achieve high-quality hits, so you can make the most out of your Botany Farms Berry Blossom Delta-8 THC Vape Cart.
- On that note, the right Delta-8 THC vape battery allows you to adjust the voltage level, therefore allowing you to adjust the overall experience, whether you want smoother hits in smaller clouds or bigger hits with maximum power.
- A battery for your Delta-8 THC cartridges also allows for good airflow, therefore allowing for easy, smooth, and reliable hits.
- The right battery for your Delta-8 THC cartridge will also last for a long time without requiring charging. The milliamp hours of a battery determine how long it lasts, so the higher this rating, the longer the battery will last before it needs to be charged.
- The best battery for a Delta-8 THC vape cartridge should also have a variety of safety measures built into it. Primarily, they should have built-in mechanisms to stop them from overheating and from being overcharged.
- The right THC vape cartridge will not only have a high voltage level with adjustable voltage, as well as a high capacity but should also be convenient. Therefore, there is a bit of a trade-off between capacity and size. You want something big enough to last for a long time, but also small enough to be portable and easily fit into your pocket.
What to Consider when Choosing a Battery for Delta-8 Carts
When choosing a battery for your Delta-8 THC cartridge, there are a few important considerations to keep in mind, so let's take a quick look.
Compatibility with Delta-8 Carts
The most important thing to make sure of here is that the battery will actually fit onto the vape cartridge in question. This goes back to that 510 threading. Always make sure that the battery and the cartridge in question have the same type of threading, or else they just won't be compatible.
Battery Capacity and Longevity
Always pay attention to the battery capacity. This means paying attention to the milliamp hours or mAh for short. Some vape batteries may have just a few hundred milliamp hours of capacity, whereas others might have several thousand. The higher this capacity is, the longer the vape will last on a single charge, although the longer it will take to charge as well. This is one of the biggest features that determine how expensive these cartridges will be. The best delta-8 battery will have a high capacity.
Always pay attention to the voltage settings as well. Most good vape batteries or mods will allow you to adjust the voltage. Generally speaking, this should be adjustable anywhere from 1 to 6 volts. Most people vape at between 2.5 and 4 volts, so if you can find a battery that allows you to adjust the voltage between those levels, you are on the right track.
Remember that a higher voltage level vaporizes more of the material at once at a higher temperature, therefore providing bigger and thicker hits. On the other hand, lower voltage levels allow for smaller and smoother heads, which is ideal for beginners.
Size and Portability
As mentioned above, there is a slight tradeoff between capacity and portability. Higher-capacity batteries are usually larger, which means that they are a bit less portable. Therefore, you want to consider the size and how portable the unit in question needs to be. If you are going for maximum battery life, the portability might be slightly limited. However, as long as you can easily fit it in your pocket, we wouldn't worry too much about this.
Best Battery for Delta-8 Carts
There are plenty of great batteries out there for Delta-8 THC cartridges. However, one of the best is the Yocan Uni Pro. One of the big selling points of this battery is that it hides the cartridge, which allows for discrete use.
Furthermore, it has a 650 mAh battery, which should last all day before it needs to be charged. The 10-second preheat mode is something else that people like about this battery.
It features a voltage range of 2 to 4.2 volts, which is not bad at all. It even has an OLED screen that shows you the puff duration, battery life, and voltage. Thanks to all of these features, might just be the number one best Delta-8 cartridge battery out there.
For reference, these features are all pretty standard, although the zinc alloy chassis that this particular unit has is very high quality. You'll find a lot of units made out of plastic, which we personally don't like, although they are fine for portability and cost-effectiveness. This battery pairs perfectly with our own Delta-8 THCV Live Resin Pink Panther Cart.
Best 510 Vape Battery for Delta-8
Another great vape battery for the Delta-8 THC cartridge is the Ooze Tanker. One of the biggest selling points of this unit is that it features a thermal chamber to provide a barrier around the Delta-8 THC cartridge, which effectively helps to insulate the oil, ultimately improving airflow. This also makes the unit a bit more discreet.
It features a 650 mAh battery, so it should last all day without requiring charging. It also features four temperature settings. Instead of an adjustable voltage level, it just has four temperatures to choose from, therefore making it very beginner friendly.
Also, keep in mind that this is a heavy-duty battery that is designed to be impact resistant. It also has a 15-second preheat mode, which many people like. This battery works well with our Delta-8 CBN Pine Walker Cart.
Tips on How to Use Delta-8 Carts
Let's quickly go over some tips on how to get the best results with your Delta-8 THC cartridges.
- Due to the way in which the oil flows or builds up within the cartridges, it's best to keep them upright. Generally speaking, hitting the cartridges while they are upright produces the best results.
- Try vaping in moderate temperatures. This is especially in reference to vape cartridges being too cold when you go to take a puff because you'll have a hard time pulling from it and the results won't be fantastic.
- A common misconception is that you need to pull on these carts very hard. This is not true at all. You'll usually get the best results if you pull very lightly. Pulling too hard on the cartridge might result in too much of the oil being pulled in at once, therefore potentially flooding the unit. Even the best battery for a THC vape cartridge won’t be able to help you if you consistently pull too hard.
- Try not to take puffs that last more than four or five seconds at the very most. If you have a cheaper vape battery that does not have a timer or overheat sensor, you might cause the unit to overheat and break. If you take huge puffs, you’ll also cough really hard too.
- Remember that these Delta-8 THC vape cartridges can be extremely potent. Therefore, it is best if you take two or three hits at the very most, and see how you feel after about 90 minutes. It's always best to take things slow.
Tips on How to Maintain Delta-8 Carts
Most Delta-8 THC cartridges are designed to be disposable, which means that they come full of concentrate or oil, and once they are empty, you buy a new one. However, there are still some maintenance tips to keep in mind so that you get the most out of every cartridge.
- Always store your vape cartridges at room temperature or near room temperature conditions. Being too hot can make the oil too thin, and being too cold makes it too thick, both of which result in less-than-ideal vaping experiences.
- Always try keeping your Delta-8 THC cartridges covered up or in some kind of case when not in use. This is especially the case when it comes to the threading. You don't want the threading to be exposed to the elements because that threading is damaged relatively easily.
- If you find that your Delta-8 THC vape cartridge is clogged, you might try taking some dry hits or using a thin object to physically dislodge the clog. Click here to read more on how to unclog a weed cart.