If you have trouble sleeping on a regular basis, you are not alone. Millions of people suffer from sleeplessness and related issues around the globe. While there might be plenty of ways to try and get a good night's sleep, these might not work for everybody. You might consider using something like a sleeping pill, but let's face it, these are expensive and potentially dangerous too.
If you need help sleeping at night, a natural, safe, and cost-effective solution is Delta-9 THC. We are talking about Delta-9 gummies. These might sound like regular or average THC gummies, which in reality they are, but they have many potential benefits for the human mind and body.
Helping you get a good night's sleep is just one of the many potential benefits that Delta-9 THC gummies can have. Let's take a closer look at Delta-9 gummies in relation to sleep and exactly what they might be able to do for you.
- Delta-9 THC is one of the most abundant cannabinoids.
- Delta-9 may help relieve pain, help you sleep, regulate your mood, and more.
- 5 to 10 mg of Delta-9 THC should be enough to help you sleep.
- Delta-9 edibles should be taken roughly 1 hour before bed.
What is Delta-9 THC?
Delta-9 THC or tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is a specific type of cannabinoid found in the cannabis or marijuana plant. Delta-9 THC, which is colloquially referred to as just THC, is the most commonly occurring cannabinoid in cannabis plants, alongside CBD.
Delta-9 THC is the psychoactive or intoxicating component of marijuana, or in other words, the stuff that gets you high. It is just one of the 100+ cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. When you go to your local dispensaries and they list THC counts for various strains and products, this Delta-9 THC is exactly what they are referring to.
What are the Benefits of Delta-9 Gummies?
Delta-9 THC gummies can have a variety of benefits, both for the mind and body. However, we want to split this into two sections. First, we want to focus on the main benefits of Delta-9 THC. We then want to focus on the benefits of ingesting THC in the form of an edible as opposed to smoking or vaping.
Potential Benefits of Delta-9 THCDelta-9 THC itself has quite a few benefits, so let's take a quick look.
- Delta-9 THC has the potential to act as both an analgesic painkiller and an anti-inflammatory agent. This means that it may be able to reduce both pain and inflammation in the body.
- Delta-9 THC may also be an anti-nausea agent. This means that it can help prevent or reduce symptoms of nausea, therefore also helping you eat. This can be beneficial for people who have conditions related to a lack of appetite or chronic nausea.
- Delta-9 THC may also act as a sedative. This can be beneficial for people who need help getting a good night's sleep.
- Delta-9 THC, by potentially decreasing cortisol levels while also increasing serotonin and dopamine levels, can act as a mood regulator. It can help make you feel happier and much better, while also potentially relieving depressive, anxious, and stressful thoughts.
- Many people also note that Delta-9 THC makes them feel more imaginative and creative, and in some cases, more social, talkative, and giggly.
Potential Benefits of Edibles (Compared to Other Consumption Methods)
Now that we know what the biggest potential benefits of Delta-9 THC are, let's take a look at the potential benefits of consuming cannabis in the form of edibles as opposed to other consumption methods.
- When THC is metabolized in the liver, it ends up being much more potent than when you smoke or vaporize it. Therefore, you technically get a much bigger bang for your buck.
- When you smoke or vape, a lot of those fumes go up into the air and get wasted. However, when you ingest THC, 100% of it ends up in your body.
- When you smoke or vape, knowing exactly how much THC you have inhaled is nearly impossible. However, with THC edibles, such as gummies, dosing is made easy because each piece is accurately labeled and dosed.
- When you ingest THC, not only does it hit harder, but it also lasts much longer, potentially up to twice as long or even longer.
- Edibles do not harm your respiratory tract like smoking.
Does Delta-9 Help You Sleep?
Delta-9 helps you sleep in several different ways. First and foremost, Delta-9 THC is thought to act as a sedative. In simplest terms, it puts you to sleep. It might not be quite as strong as a clinical-grade sleeping pill, but it will certainly do the trick for most people.
Delta-9 THC is a sedative and a mood regulator. It may have the potential to reduce anxiety, depression, stress, and more. Therefore, if you are in a better and calmer state of mind, falling asleep becomes much easier. Delta-9 THC may also be able to help you sleep at night because it may help relieve the pain and inflammation that are keeping you up.
How to Take Delta-9 THC for Sleep
Delta-9 THC can be consumed in several ways. If you are wondering why you would want to consume gummies or edibles with THC, refer to the various benefits we have talked about above.
Furthermore, if you would rather consume your Delta-9 THC in the form of a vaporized concentrate or flower that you can smoke, these are fine options as well. Both concentrate and cannabis flower won't hit you nearly as hard. You won't feel as strong of an effect, and it won't last as long either. However, the big benefit here is that many people still wake up feeling tired and groggy after eating because the effects last so long.
When you vape or smoke, you should not wake up feeling groggy. Furthermore, some people do occasionally suffer gastrointestinal upset, such as an upset stomach and diarrhea, from edibles. These are things that generally don't happen when you smoke or vape your cannabis.
How Much Delta-9 THC to Take
If you are a total beginner, then 5 milligrams of Delta-9 THC should be enough to help you get some sleep. If you are a large person, you may need to increase that dosage to around 10 milligrams.
If you are looking for a good night's sleep and to feel some of that intoxicating high, you can go for 15-20 milligrams. Anything more than that, and you are venturing into territories that seasoned cannabis connoisseurs are familiar with. Click here to find out if Delta-9 is legal where you live.
More reading: Is Delta 9 legal in Alabama?
When to Take Delta-9 THC for Sleep
Delta-9 THC, when taken in the form of an edible, can take anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes to take effect. Therefore, it might take a bit of trial and error for you to figure out how long it takes for THC to hit you, but once you do, you can then judge for yourself how long before bed you consume it. If you smoke or vape your THC, you can do this directly before bed because the effects are rather immediate.
Where to Buy Delta-9 THC Online
If you are looking to buy some Delta-9 THC gummies and edibles right here at Botany Farms, which is by far the best place for high-quality Delta-9 THC. Some of our fan favorites include these Delta-9 THC Blue Raspberry Gummies, these Delta-9 THC Mixed Flavor Gummies, and these Delta-9 Microdose Gummies.